WVU 45 Pittsburgh 27

oldrambler

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it just me or is the Big East reminding anyone else of the early 90's WAC. Another conference that didn't quite get the respect that it should have, yet had about 3-4 teams that could play with anyone on a given night, but was defensively challenged. I have to say the last 3 Thursdays have been some of the most entertaining football all year. The comparison just jumped in my head, what do y'all think?

Is it just me or is the Big East reminding anyone else of the early 90's WAC. Another conference that didn't quite get the respect that it should have, yet had about 3-4 teams that could play with anyone on a given night, but was defensively challenged. I have to say the last 3 Thursdays have been some of the most entertaining football all year. The comparison just jumped in my head, what do y'all think?

Sounds close. As a few of us pointed out last year and in the off season, there is a load of young talent in this league. Yes they lack a national power, and there is no doubt a frantic rebuilding plan in place. But there are good football games every week. At this point, I think that's as good as could have been imagined when they learned Miami, VT and BC were on the way out...

How is it good for Louisville? WVU passed them in the BCS standings this week …

On another note, I apparently jinxed Pitt, as they were up 27-24 when I turned the game on. Figures.

Honestly I dont know, but I just thought I saw a couple people say that it would be better for UL if WVU won, so I just went with that...

Sounds close. As a few of us pointed out last year and in the off season, there is a load of young talent in this league. Yes they lack a national power, and there is no doubt a frantic rebuilding plan in place. But there are good football games every week. At this point, I think that's as good as could have been imagined when they learned Miami, VT and BC were on the way out...

Yeah, I didn't mean that as a swipe. Back when Thursday Night Football was in its beginning stages I used to love watching those WAC matchups. I think the Big East has better teams, the thing is they put on a heck of a show. I really think the offenses are as good as any in the country, the D's are just a little behind. The thing is with these kind of games every week, the players on D are going to come. Ask yourself this: If you were a talented player would you rather go to a decomposing FSU or Miami team or play on national TV in the Big East. I think the answer is becoming evident--I really like watching Big East football this year and I think the country agrees. At this point I'd rather watch any of 4-5 Big East teams rather than the 3 teams that dumped them--or should I say got dumped?

Yeah, I didn't mean that as a swipe. Back when Thursday Night Football was in its beginning stages I used to love watching those WAC matchups. I think the Big East has better teams, the thing is they put on a heck of a show. I really think the offenses are as good as any in the country, the D's are just a little behind. The thing is with these kind of games every week, the players on D are going to come. Ask yourself this: If you were a talented player would you rather go to a decomposing FSU or Miami team or play on national TV in the Big East. I think the answer is becoming evident--I really like watching Big East football this year and I think the country agrees. At this point I'd rather watch any of 4-5 Big East teams rather than the 3 teams that dumped them--or should I say got dumped?

I didn't take what you said as a swipe. Hats off for being a true fan of the game, and not letting previous thoughts cloud your judgment...:thumb:

Honestly I dont know, but I just thought I saw a couple people say that it would be better for UL if WVU won, so I just went with that...

Yeah, with UofL dropping to 10 in the BCS, WVU moving up to 8 and Rutgers to 6, the best possible scenario for UofL to get the conference BCS bid would be for a two-loss WVU to beat Rutgers at Morgantown in the season finale. If WVU keeps winning, it seems UofL can't pass them in the BCS.

Yeah, with UofL dropping to 10 in the BCS, WVU moving up to 8 and Rutgers to 6, the best possible scenario for UofL to get the conference BCS bid would be for a two-loss WVU to beat Rutgers at Morgantown in the season finale. If WVU keeps winning, it seems UofL can't pass them in the BCS.

Let me ask you this, and I'm just asking because I'm not sure. The BCS gets to pick 8 teams doesn't it? Isn't there still a chance UL could jump WVU is the BCS games think they'll make bigger money off of a UL game? Because I think UL, like UK will travel very well--you might even see some of the same fans at the two games, me included.

Let me ask you this, and I'm just asking because I'm not sure. The BCS gets to pick 8 teams doesn't it? Isn't there still a chance UL could jump WVU is the BCS games think they'll make bigger money off of a UL game? Because I think UL, like UK will travel very well--you might even see some of the same fans at the two games, me included.

There is no chance UL travels as well as WVU. Plus I'm almost positive the BEast breaks a tie with the team that has a higher BCS ranking. Best case is UC beats Rutgers and Rutgers beats WVU... :D

I didn't take what you said as a swipe. Hats off for being a true fan of the game, and not letting previous thoughts cloud your judgment...:thumb:

Hey-in my previous thoughts I never said I was correct. I just didn't like people arbitrarily dismissing Woodson's abilities because he was never annointed the next big thing. I think a lot of both qb's and I think both have a lot to prove to be a top 10 qb. Woodson because he's only done it this year and Brohm because due to injuries, or game plans has not put up the numbers of a 1st round pick this year. If you look back I'd say Brohm is MUCH more likely to be a higher pick but he has something to prove over the rest of the season and probably next year. I'd like to see them be the first 2 qbs taken.

There is no chance UL travels as well as WVU. Plus I'm almost positive the BEast breaks a tie with the team that has a higher BCS ranking. Best case is UC beats Rutgers and Rutgers beats WVU... :D

After that game with WVU you don't think they would? I'm just asking, the last 2 UL games I've been to were in Commonwealth. I honestly think a bunch of passive UK fans would make the trip to a BCS bowl. I just like good football and I'm off through there so I'd probably go to both.

After that game with WVU you don't think they would? I'm just asking, the last 2 UL games I've been to were in Commonwealth. I honestly think a bunch of passive UK fans would make the trip to a BCS bowl. I just like good football and I'm off through there so I'd probably go to both.

WVU fans travel as well as any. It's that, or stay home and burn the couch... :D