Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Louisville 82 Wake Forest 54

Featured Replies

And now the fun begins...

 

Tar Heels come to the Yum on Saturday.

I’m happy with where they are playing as a team right now. The test is on from here through the rest of the season. I feel good about playing North Carolina at home and Virginia Tech on the road, especially if they play as they have as of late. The rest of the way will absolutely be very challenging.

  • Author

Louisville’s 7-1 conference record is their best start since joining the ACC.

Louisville’s 7-1 conference record is their best start since joining the ACC.

 

When this season started, is there anyone anywhere who believed that would be their ACC record at this point?

When this season started, is there anyone anywhere who believed that would be their ACC record at this point?

 

No, but if you told me they were, I’d have given you twenty to one that the loss would be at UNC and if given three guesses, would never have come up with Pitt.

I have a feeling Louisville is going to need all of those 7 wins in the league standings. It’s time for the hard part...

 

Louisville has only played two games against teams in the top half of the ACC standings and only have three games left against teams in the bottom half.

Side-note: Wake Forest is far enough along in their rebuild to not be non-competitive at home vs a good but patched together UL team. The Danny Manning era is not going well.

  • Author
When this season started, is there anyone anywhere who believed that would be their ACC record at this point?

 

There are only two options for anyone that would have told you that: 1.) A GIGANTIC homer or 2.) A liar. :lol2:

  • Author
I have a feeling Louisville is going to need all of those 7 wins in the league standings. It’s time for the hard part...

 

Louisville has only played two games against teams in the top half of the ACC standings and only have three games left against teams in the bottom half.

 

Yes, they haven't played the meat of the conference schedule yet, but we knew that was going to be the case. It's still a huge positive that they are in fact 7-1 and should be 8-0 at this point. They may lose the next four and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised. They could also go 3-1 over the next four and I wouldn't be surprised. We will definitely find out a lot in the next two weeks.

  • Author
Side-note: Wake Forest is far enough along in their rebuild to not be non-competitive at home vs a good but patched together UL team. The Danny Manning era is not going well.

 

I don't see any way they keep him after this year. He is pretty terrible.

I liked last night’s red uniforms.... and some guys wore red shoes as well, which looked cool. Nice game, Cards!

Yes, they haven't played the meat of the conference schedule yet, but we knew that was going to be the case. It's still a huge positive that they are in fact 7-1 and should be 8-0 at this point. They may lose the next four and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised. They could also go 3-1 over the next four and I wouldn't be surprised. We will definitely find out a lot in the next two weeks.

 

I'm fully expecting them to lose at least three of them. If they can get a split, and win the games against UNC and Florida State, I'm going to be thrilled.

I came back to follow up my last post with this: even if Louisville takes their lumps and February is a disaster, the UNC and NC State wins are legitimately impressive. No chance at all last year's team wins those games.

  • Author
I'm fully expecting them to lose at least three of them. If they can get a split, and win the games against UNC and Florida State, I'm going to be thrilled.

 

I can't figure out why people are so high on Virginia Tech. Their best win was a home game against #23 Purdue. They got smoked @UNC. I expect UofL to win that game.

 

UNC at home, I also expect UofL to win that game.

 

Florida State doesn't scare me.

 

Duke is Duke.

 

I am feeling unusually optimistic at 10:14am on 1/31/19 :lol2:, but I like the Cards' chances over this next four game stretch.

I don't see any way they keep him after this year. He is pretty terrible.

 

I can't imagine how much fun Dino Gaudio had last night AT Wake Forest. Good for him!!!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.