January 31, 20197 yr I can't figure out why people are so high on Virginia Tech. Their best win was a home game against #23 Purdue. They got smoked @UNC. I expect UofL to win that game. UNC at home, I also expect UofL to win that game. Florida State doesn't scare me. Duke is Duke. I am feeling unusually optimistic at 10:14am on 1/31/19 :lol2:, but I like the Cards' chances over this next four game stretch. I haven't been optimistic about anything having to do with UofL in a long time. I just expect doom and destruction to be right around every corner. :lol2:
January 31, 20197 yr Author I haven't been optimistic about anything having to do with UofL in a long time. I just expect doom and destruction to be right around every corner. :lol2: Hey, I'm still expecting something really bad to happen any minute. But I still think we can win a game or two before it happens. :lol2:
January 31, 20197 yr I can't imagine how much fun Dino Gaudio had last night AT Wake Forest. Good for him!!! Unless you're an absolute powerhouse of a program, firing a good coach to try and find a great one is a fool's errand. Wake has been a study in mediocrity since the day they showed him the door. They had some really good years under Dave Odom and Skip Prosser, but the fact that they fired a guy after making consecutive tournament appearances in his second and third years is still mind-boggling.
January 31, 20197 yr I can't figure out why people are so high on Virginia Tech. Their best win was a home game against #23 Purdue. Purdue is #9 in KenPom and #11 in the Net Rankings...they are very good. VaTech beat them on a Neutral Court, not in Blacksburg. I think people are high on them, including me, because they are an elite offensive team. They also are a very sound defensive team, especially around the paint, and turn you over with great frequency. I will be shocked if UL leaves Blacksburg with a win. I expect UL to go 6-4 the rest of the way in the ACC, with Blacksburg a loss, but Tallahassee a win. I also think they can win at Syracuse, and should win at BC. Duke and Virginia will likely beat them at the YUM.
January 31, 20197 yr Unless you're an absolute powerhouse of a program, firing a good coach to try and find a great one is a fool's errand. Wake has been a study in mediocrity since the day they showed him the door. They had some really good years under Dave Odom and Skip Prosser, but the fact that they fired a guy after making consecutive tournament appearances in his second and third years is still mind-boggling. He had Wake Forest #1 in the country....NUMBER ONE....during his second season. That season (2008-09) ended with a bad loss in the NCAA Tourney's first round vs Cleveland State, and the 2009-10 season ended with a loss to UK in the NCAA's 2nd round, but he was let go for off the court stuff, not going 1-2 in the Big Dance in his 3 years. Regardless, they were really good, tough, and full of NBA players when he was there (Jeff Teague, James Johnson, Ish Smith, and Aminu), and they have been rat dung since under Bzdelik and Manning. In the 9 years since firing Dino (including this year), they are going to have a grand total of ONE NCAA appearance, a one-and-out year, for Danny Manning. Only twice in 9 years have they even been over .500: 17-16 in 2013-14 and 19-14 in 2016-17.
January 31, 20197 yr Author Purdue is #9 in KenPom and #11 in the Net Rankings...they are very good. VaTech beat them on a Neutral Court, not in Blacksburg. I think people are high on them, including me, because they are an elite offensive team. They also are a very sound defensive team, especially around the paint, and turn you over with great frequency. I will be shocked if UL leaves Blacksburg with a win. I expect UL to go 6-4 the rest of the way in the ACC, with Blacksburg a loss, but Tallahassee a win. I also think they can win at Syracuse, and should win at BC. Duke and Virginia will likely beat them at the YUM. VT is 58th in SOS. I'm not sold on them, at all. That doesn't mean they won't beat UofL. In Blacksburg, it's definitely a taller task. I'll take 6-4 the rest of the way all day and twice on Sunday. 13-5 in the ACC? Yeah, that'll do.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.