Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jared Carter dislocates shoulder

Featured Replies

This is correct, but those are generally for season ending injuries. Carter should only be out a month.

 

I hope he does recover and finish the season so that we can push him on through the program.

I dont think this is good at all for the time being. Right now inside for tonight we have Morris, Stevenson, and Woo. I look for Perry to be playing a lot at the 4 tonight.

 

The only positive I see in this is increased minutes for Stevenson. I do think Carter will play a lot whenever he is healthy out of necessity.

The only thing UK loses is 5 fouls...Carter still looks lost and always is hanging his head. I really bought into him his frosh year, but don't think he will ever see significant minutes at UK.

I hope he does recover and finish the season so that we can push him on through the program.

Exactly what I was thinking. If he redshirts that means UK has him for 5 years.

Tubby said tonight that Stevenson will 'probably' start against Miami tomorrow night. This kid must be wowing in practice. Hopefully PP is paying attention to how much playing time is readily available if he comes to UK.

 

When UK takes the floor tonight against Miami University, freshman Perry Stevenson will likely be in the starting lineup. Stevenson, a 6-foot-9 power forward, broke out in the Cats' first two exhibition games, averaging 6.5 points, 6.5 rebounds and 4 blocks.

But that's not why his name will be called as a starter in his first regular season game as a Cat in Rupp Arena.

 

http://www.kykernel.com/media/storage/paper305/news/2006/11/15/Sports/Foul-Problems.Depth.Trouble.Big.Men-2460229.shtml?norewrite200611150960&sourcedomain=www.kykernel.com&mkey=1538516

While I don't think carter is going to be a 20-10 guy every night, I think he has the potential to be a 10-5 guy which would really help. He was 5-5 from the floor in the exhibition games and didn't play that much.

 

I think he gets ragged on a little too much. He has some low post instinct and I think if the coaches can develop it, he'll turn into a very valuable player. Hes got a ton more upside that Shag or Woo ever did.

 

I'd say he's at least as good as Woo is right now, so I'd give him the edge in PT just to get him learning.

 

Anyway, I'm looking forward to his return in a few weeks.

He has very good skills on the low block. Keep working hard and the PT will be there.

While I don't think carter is going to be a 20-10 guy every night, I think he has the potential to be a 10-5 guy which would really help. He was 5-5 from the floor in the exhibition games and didn't play that much.

 

I think he gets ragged on a little too much. He has some low post instinct and I think if the coaches can develop it, he'll turn into a very valuable player. Hes got a ton more upside that Shag or Woo ever did.

 

I'd say he's at least as good as Woo is right now, so I'd give him the edge in PT just to get him learning.

 

Anyway, I'm looking forward to his return in a few weeks.

If you were the coach of a team that had a 7 footer would you really be happy with on average of 5 rebounds?

If you were the coach of a team that had a 7 footer would you really be happy with on average of 5 rebounds?

It would depend on how many minutes he plays.

It would depend on how many minutes he plays.

How many minutes would he have to average to average 5 boards per game? I was referring to a guy who played lets say 30 minutes per game. If he will never play that many minutes, how many can he expect to play at his peak? Honestly, I would be shocked for Carter to ever average 10 points and five rebounds per game.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.