Trigg County (10-2) at Owensboro Catholic (8-4)

The Scribe

Who wins Friday?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins Friday?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a hard game to pick. OCath didn't play well for the first half of the glasgow game but came out in the second half and played better than they have all year. If the Aces play like they did in the second half then they should win, but playing like they did in the first half could put the Aces out. Trigg is a good team, and that is something that OCath has not beaten this year. OCath has lost every game they played against a team that was any good. I can't look at the OCath schedule and see one quality win so IMO Trigg is the best team they have played since Apollo. Obviously OCath is better than they were at that point, but Trigg can and will play good so it will be interesting to see how the Aces respond.

My pick: OCath 35 Trigg 21 with the game being much closer than the score indicates.

i know the williams kid for caldwell was a loss for them but does anyone realize that we had 5 kids out for the whole game, 3 of which were defensive starters - and we won with our defense really - well, and the one LONG kick by davis - i was and always sit with his mom and there was great joy in our section - he's a hell of a kicker

It does make sense because the playoffs aren't seeded 1-8 they are seeded by two sides of 1-4. Besides, OCath had a better Record in their district. OCath went 5-1 in district while Trigg went 5-2. If both teams played the exact same schedule then it would make sense to go by overall record, but since they don't the higher seed does and should get home field.

It seems like OCath has played more players both ways this year. Is this a lesson that was learned over that past couple of years, alway keeping your best athletes on the field? Or do the Aces just not have the depth that they have had in the past?

Well I think this will be a great game. OC will have to contain the duo of Bridges and Mayes. While Bush may not throw the ball alot, he seems to be effective when he does. One factor is that Caldwell running a similar offense as OC will not surprise Trigg as they were able to see it last week. Big plays on special teams may play a part in the outcome as Holland from OC is dangerous. No prediction from me as: as they say" it's too close to call". Good luck to both teams....

It seems like OCath has played more players both ways this year. Is this a lesson that was learned over that past couple of years, alway keeping your best athletes on the field? Or do the Aces just not have the depth that they have had in the past?

The Aces have played more players both ways this year. I would say the answer to both of your questions is yes. OCath's defense was struggling because the best athletes were strictly offensive players. OCath needed some playmakers on defense and found them in Holland and Ijames. I would also say they do not have the depth they have had in the past.