Trigg County (10-2) at Owensboro Catholic (8-4)

The Scribe

Who wins Friday?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins Friday?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Caldwell County was the best team in the district, and the Tigers would still be alive if not for Cameron Williams' injury.

I think Trigg County can beat Owensboro Catholic, but I think a healthy Caldwell had a better shot.

I respect your opinion but I still think Trigg's better than Caldwell..

I respect your opinion but I still think Trigg's better than Caldwell..
Caldwell beat Trigg 17-0 when healthy, and lost to them 10-7 with Williams out for all but one quarter. Granted, Trigg was missing some guys because of suspension, but Williams was a huge loss ... ask anyone that saw Caldwell play this season.

I agree Trigg County is a better team then Caldwell County. I witnessed both teams beat Lone Oak. Lone Oak got mixed up on the time at Caldwell County, Kickoff was at 7:30 & our guys didn't start playing until 9:00 (start of 4th quarter) & made the score respectable 31-21. I think Trigg's defense is the difference. However, Caldwell had a terrific season (10-2) after getting hammered by Mayfield in the opening game. Coach Barnes made a great move by moving his son to Qb & Williams to a receiver.

Caldwell beat Trigg 17-0 when healthy, and lost to them 10-7 with Williams out for all but one quarter. Granted, Trigg was missing some guys because of suspension, but Williams was a huge loss ... ask anyone that saw Caldwell play this season.

Using your own phrase...Upsets sometimes happen...

Using your own phrase...Upsets sometimes happen...
Caldwell over Trigg wasn't an upset ... if it was, Trigg would have pounded them with Williams out of the game. Even with him out of action, the game could have gone either way.

Did you see either Trigg-Caldwell game this year?

I agree Trigg County is a better team then Caldwell County. I witnessed both teams beat Lone Oak. Lone Oak got mixed up on the time at Caldwell County, Kickoff was at 7:30 & our guys didn't start playing until 9:00 (start of 4th quarter) & made the score respectable 31-21.
The game was never in doubt. Caldwell rolled over Lone Oak, and maybe (just maybe) the Tigers had something to do Lone Oak's "guys not playing until the fourth quarter."

It's a shame several of the OCath posters can't post after what they said after losing last year.

Aces03

How does Walker compare to what Trigg has seen at quarterback with Barnard and Woodward? Is IJames their best runner.

Scribe or westsider

Can Trigg run the ball if they can't get outside of the Ace defense? Can they pass the ball?

It's a shame several of the OCath posters can't post after what they said after losing last year.

Aces03

How does Walker compare to what Trigg has seen at quarterback with Barnard and Woodward? Is IJames their best runner.

Scribe or westsider

Can Trigg run the ball if they can't get outside of the Ace defense? Can they pass the ball?

IMO, Walker is a good combination of both. He can run on you and pass. Kid is a true leader only for a sophmore. I think he will be better than both before its all said and done. He does not get rattled easy. He has thrown over 2,000 yds and around 25 tds. Rushed for over 300.

Ijames is the best runner, he loves laying the wood. But they also mix it up between a couple other backs. Walker will take off every now and then also.

Ijames also has made the switch to LB and has played great. You will also see Holland at CB if Trigg decides to pass....both are ball hawks and Ijames loves to hit.

Trigg's running game has been their calling card all season. Mayes is the speed guy. Bridges runs well with some power, and Calhoun is the big back. All three run pretty well between the tackles ... even Mayes doesn't mind lowering the shoulder when he needs to.

Bush isn't a great passer, but he has improved quite a bit since the start of the season. White, a sophomore, is a deep threat and has made some nice catches in the postseason. Bush is better with the short stuff, but the receivers have had some cases of the dropsies at times.

The first time Trigg and Caldwell met, Trigg couldn't run the ball at all ... that was the primary reason they lost. They had moderate success in the rematch, but it was pretty much a defensive struggle.