Trigg County (10-2) at Owensboro Catholic (8-4)

The Scribe

Who wins Friday?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins Friday?

For the fourth straight year and fifth time in the last six, Trigg will play OCath. The Aces have ended Trigg's season the last three years in a row at Owensboro. This is the first time these teams have played for the region title and it's likely the least talented team either school has had in the four years.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get out west, but I think Trigg could slow down the beast that is Mercer Co. on the ground better.

Trigg kinda has a reputation as being a choaking team.

2 of my best friends are from Trigg, so I will route for them.

Trigg 21

O-Cath 14

Coach Barnes has a tendency to choke in a big game. He hasn't had too many opportunities when he was with Daviess Co. Catholic is hitting their groove with the young team that they have and will continue the success under the young Coach Edge. With Coach Edge in the driver's seat i see this game repeating like the resent years.

OC 34

TC 21

One good thing about Catholic after viewing their game with Glasgow. They were down 9-7 and momentum was on Glasgow side, they didn't even come close to pushing the panic button. Soph QB looked like a 4 year veteran.

GOOD LUCK ACES

I agree, Walker is playing like a seasoned vet. Norcia could be key along with special teams in the game.

The law of averages have to eventually even out...Both these teams have good athletes and fine programs, but, I think this is the year Trigg gets over the OC hump...IMO, Trigg isn't really down compared to last year.They just had a 2 week stretch of losses midseason and all of sudden, people forgot about them...I've thought all along, they were the top 2a team in WKy...OC is playing better as of late, but, they are somewhat down this year, compared to past teams...I'm going with Trigg....27-14

As long Catholic doesn't turn the ball over, i can't see how Trigg Co. expects to stop the high powered Offense. If there are TO's, then it will be a long night for catholic. But its the playoffs, and Catholic going for their 4th straight Regional Championship.

The law of averages have to eventually even out...Both these teams have good athletes and fine programs, but, I think this is the year Trigg gets over the OC hump...IMO, Trigg isn't really down compared to last year.They just had a 2 week stretch of losses midseason and all of sudden, people forgot about them...I've thought all along, they were the top 2a team in WKy...OC is playing better as of late, but, they are somewhat down this year, compared to past teams...I'm going with Trigg....27-14
Caldwell County was the best team in the district, and the Tigers would still be alive if not for Cameron Williams' injury.

I think Trigg County can beat Owensboro Catholic, but I think a healthy Caldwell had a better shot.

David Barnes isn't coaching in this game ... his team was eliminated last week.

I know he isn't coaching, but Barnes and Edge run the same style of offense. The advantage that Edge has is that he his a defensive minded coach which makes better play callers.