BGP QOTD: Which pro sports program wins Cincinnati its next championship?

Which team wins the next championship?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Which team wins the next championship?

• Cincinnati Bengals / Super Bowl
    • Cincinnati Reds / World Series
    • FC Cincinnati / MLS Cup

I'll say the Reds, I think it's easier to catch lightning in a bottle in baseball. A couple of hot arms down the stretch can give you a shot if you've played decent all year. Football you need to be hot pretty much all season and you need more than a couple of guys to have great years.

FCC seems like the obvious choice in that the MLS rules favor parity in a way that even the NFL rules don't. Atlanta has given the rest of MLS a roadmap for how to be successful very quickly if you have the right combination of ownership that will spend, community that buys in, and the right coach.

I don't know that Koch is that guy, but we'll see what they can do.

You left out the Cyclones, the only Cincinnati professional franchise to win a championship in the last 28 years. They consistently compete for and have won the Kelly Cup as champions of the ECHL (2008 and 2010). They are currently in second place in the Central Division, one point behind division leader, Toledo.

You left out the Cyclones, the only Cincinnati professional franchise to win a championship in the last 28 years. They consistently compete for and have won the Kelly Cup as champions of the ECHL (2008 and 2010). They are currently in second place in the Central Division, one point behind division leader, Toledo.

I left the Cyclones out because the ECHL is "mid-level"...but you're right, they are professional.