Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Simon Kenton 2018/2019

Featured Replies

There could be some truth to your statement, but in my opinion very little. I believe some of the past and present coaches have been teachers or administrators.

The point is SK coach is a teacher/administrator they will never fire unless he breaks the law. Earlier in the post someone stated that Sk has seemed to under achieve in the past. My point is that I feel Kenton Co hires teachers who are stuck in one mode. It’s like they teach/coach out of a book. One style for years and never change for the differences in teams and kids yearly. I hear Steiner is the greatest guy off the court and lost on the court. By the stories from the players that hang around my house, it seems he is in it for himself more than the kid. Just my opinion.

By the stories from the players that hang around my house, it seems he is in it for himself more than the kid. Just my opinion.

 

Okay. I just don't understand how you can say it is "just your opinion" when it is based on the stories you hear from the players that hang around you house.

 

But, to each his own.

The best coach SK had in the past 15 years was Jeff Davis who was the JV head coach, and they let him walk down to South Laurel. He has had a lot of success down there.

We can say there have been good teams there, and bad coaches. But, if the players, and the coaches haven’t made it out of the region, who’s to say the talent has actually been there to do it. Some make it seem like it’s so easy to win a region. I don’t remember many/any all-State players coming out of SK in the last 10-15 years. Some real nice players, yes. But, not a “star”.

 

Maybe it is the coaches, but the players must execute, hit shots, get rebounds, and play defense. No?

0 Josh McKinley So.

1 Zack Martin Jr.

2 Andrew Smith Fr.

3 Kelly Niece So.

4 Nick Brann Jr.

10 Robert Krohman IV Sr.

13 Jeremy Davis Jr.

20 Jon Hensley Jr.

21 Jevin Berger Jr.

22 Josh Barnes Sr.

23 Cameron Hickey Sr.

24 Isaac Miller Fr.

25 Justin EversoleSo.

31 Logan Schwartz

33 Boston Snyder Jr.

44 Darius Comer Jr.

45 Colton Lair Sr.

55 Carter Krohman 8th

0 Josh McKinley So.

1 Zack Martin Jr.

2 Andrew Smith Fr.

3 Kelly Niece So.

4 Nick Brann Jr.

10 Robert Krohman IV Sr.

13 Jeremy Davis Jr.

20 Jon Hensley Jr.

21 Jevin Berger Jr.

22 Josh Barnes Sr.

23 Cameron Hickey Sr.

24 Isaac Miller Fr.

25 Justin EversoleSo.

31 Logan Schwartz

33 Boston Snyder Jr.

44 Darius Comer Jr.

45 Colton Lair Sr.

55 Carter Krohman 8th

 

With only 4 seniors, I think next year is SK's year in the 8th. They will have a hard time winning their district let alone compete for the region this year.

I believe Walton is the team to beat in this district. With Grant and SK fighting for 2nd and a trip to the region.

I believe Walton is the team to beat in this district. With Grant and SK fighting for 2nd and a trip to the region.

 

I would have the nod to SK as the district runner up.

I would have the nod to SK as the district runner up.

 

You may be right. I wouldn't overlook Grant though. They will have 3 of the 5 starters scoring 12-15 points/game with 2 of 5 scoring 15-20 points/game. They're a pretty balanced team. They'll go 7-8 deep, aggressive defense, great ball handling, outside shooters and plenty of speed. It should be a great game when they meet.

I believe Walton is the team to beat in this district. With Grant and SK fighting for 2nd and a trip to the region.

 

Will find out who is better in January 4th.

You may be right. I wouldn't overlook Grant though. They will have 3 of the 5 starters scoring 12-15 points/game with 2 of 5 scoring 15-20 points/game. They're a pretty balanced team. They'll go 7-8 deep, aggressive defense, great ball handling, outside shooters and plenty of speed. It should be a great game when they meet.

 

I'm a neutral fan here, but it looks like you're a Grant County fan, which is all right. However, you must think they are greatly improved over last year and I'm not in that same thought zone.

Will find out who is better in January 4th.

 

Agreed. Best of luck to both teams.

I'm a neutral fan here, but it looks like you're a Grant County fan, which is all right. However, you must think they are greatly improved over last year and I'm not in that same thought zone.

 

I just think they are a much more balanced team this year with a different offensive mentality. But like any team, if they can stay out of foul trouble and play balanced ball, they'll surprise some folks.

I just think they are a much more balanced team this year with a different offensive mentality. But like any team, if they can stay out of foul trouble and play balanced ball, they'll surprise some folks.

 

I'm still not in agreement with you, but honestly I hope you are correct.

  • Author

This thread, that is supposed to be about Simon Kenton, has gotten off course. This thread is not about Grant County or who is or is not a coach.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.