Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Presenting ID To Vote

Featured Replies

Since it hasn't been brought up on here yet, I want to make the early prediction. When I voted this morning, I had to show ID. Haven't ever had to do that before.

 

I predict that before the day is up, the Democrats, and not Republicans, will be crying foul about ID-to-vote requirements unfairly penalizing minority populations, etc. etc. etc., as a way of "limiting fair elections."

 

Now, I've looked at it from every conceivable angle, political and otherwise, and I'm a lawyer mind you and can come up with some pretty stretched arguments, but I will confess I cannot come up with a single, solitary reason why we SHOULD NOT required ID when we vote, in this day and age when the Democrats themselves have admitted is ripe for voter fraud.

My Grandmother didn't show an ID, and I only showed mine out of courtesy. I was not prompted. The poll worker also originally directed me to sign on my father's line (we share our name.) For the record, my father is a Republican who was out of town today on unexpected business and could not vote... so I could have swung an extra Democratic vote by voting twice, if I were so inclined. My mother told me I should have. :lol:

Since it hasn't been brought up on here yet, I want to make the early prediction. When I voted this morning, I had to show ID. Haven't ever had to do that before.

 

I predict that before the day is up, the Democrats, and not Republicans, will be crying foul about ID-to-vote requirements unfairly penalizing minority populations, etc. etc. etc., as a way of "limiting fair elections."

 

Now, I've looked at it from every conceivable angle, political and otherwise, and I'm a lawyer mind you and can come up with some pretty stretched arguments, but I will confess I cannot come up with a single, solitary reason why we SHOULD NOT required ID when we vote, in this day and age when the Democrats themselves have admitted is ripe for voter fraud.

 

 

Me either, and I have no idea how this can be construed to have any penalizing affect on anyone. All citizens are legally required to carry personal identification issued by their state, aren't they? If so, I have no idea how this can be miscontrued.

I've been required to show an id for the past several elections. I must not look honest.

I did not. But that is probably a benefit of living in a small county where not only does almost everyone know each other but each other's business too.:D :lol: :irked:

I did not. But that is probably a benefit of living in a small county where not only does almost everyone know each other but each other's business too.:D :lol: :irked:

 

 

So they know how you were going to vote before you went in? Did they fill it out for you and have it waiting so you could expedite the process? :D

So they know how you were going to vote before you went in? Did they fill it out for you and have it waiting so you could expedite the process? :D

I surprised even my wife with how I voted. Chose some Democrats, chose some Republicans and chose an independent.

It depends on the type of ID required. I don't believe my Mother has a photo ID, unless her passport is still valid. I voted absentee and they requested ID.

It depends on the type of ID required. I don't believe my Mother has a photo ID, unless her passport is still valid. I voted absentee and they requested ID.

I read or heard that a present utility bill was valid.

I've been required to show an id for the past several elections. I must not look honest.

 

I don't remember ever not showing my ID since I moved back to KY about 20 years ago. I'm not sure what they would have done if I didn't have one since I always had it ready when I walked in the door. I show them my ID and then they lookup my name in the book where I sign my name.

If I remember correctly, we were required to show either:

1) Driver's license

2) Social Security card

3) ??

4) Other photo id

I was required to show an ID and that's been the requirement as best I can remember since I first voted 16 years ago. I don't think a photo ID is required in KY, although I believe Indiana does require one.

If I remember correctly, we were required to show either:

1) Driver's license

2) Social Security card

3) ??

4) Other photo id

 

3) Credit Card...not sure why but I heard the workers talking about that and saw it on "the list."

I don't remember ever not showing my ID since I moved back to KY about 20 years ago. I'm not sure what they would have done if I didn't have one since I always had it ready when I walked in the door. I show them my ID and then they lookup my name in the book where I sign my name.

 

Gee, I thought it was the law in Kentucky to have to show a ID and if I remember correctly there is even a sign saying as such as you walk in. What the deal, in Boone County you do, but in other counties you don't?

I did not. But that is probably a benefit of living in a small county where not only does almost everyone know each other but each other's business too.:D :lol: :irked:

 

:thumb:

 

Same here

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.