Matchups This Week - Separation Week

Kentucky Windage

I would argue that if UK beats Georgia, wins the rest of their games then loses a decent game against Bama they would still finish ahead of OS. The blowout loss a few years ago kept them out and it’s going to be hard to overcome again this year, Purdue is very average, really bad loss.

The blowout loss to Iowa wasn’t what kept Ohio State out last year it was the fact that they had two losses. If OSU had beaten Oklahoma last year and still got blown out against Iowa, they would have gotten in. A two loss team has never made the playoff though so I don’t believe the first time it happens will come from a team that didn’t win their conference. Plus as I said, if OSU wins out they will have exercised the demons from the loss to Purdue because if OSU does win out that means they have improved on defense and in the running game because they won’t get through Michigan without those two things. So no UK would not have a better resume than Ohio State if both win out and UK loses to Bama. 1 is still less than 2. Unless we have an absolutely apocalyptic season like 2007 where everyone sucks, I don’t foresee a two loss team ever making the 4 team playoff unless it’s a situation like Auburn was almost in last year where they beat 2 number one teams in the country at the end of the year.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The blowout loss to Iowa wasn’t what kept Ohio State out last year it was the fact that they had two losses. If OSU had beaten Oklahoma last year and still got blown out against Iowa, they would have gotten in. A two loss team has never made the playoff though so I don’t believe the first time it happens will come from a team that didn’t win their conference. Plus as I said, if OSU wins out they will have exercised the demons from the loss to Purdue because if OSU does win out that means they have improved on defense and in the running game because they won’t get through Michigan without those two things. So no UK would not have a better resume than Ohio State if both win out and UK loses to Bama. 1 is still less than 2. Unless we have an absolutely apocalyptic season like 2007 where everyone sucks, I don’t foresee a two loss team ever making the 4 team playoff unless it’s a situation like Auburn was almost in last year where they beat 2 number one teams in the country at the end of the year.

Didn’t say UK would get in, said they would be ahead of OS.

Didn’t say UK would get in, said they would be ahead of OS.

Same difference. Either way a 2 loss team has finished ahead of a 1 loss team twice and both of them were for obvious reasons. 1) Last year 2 loss Ohio State finished ahead of 1 loss Wisconsin who they just beat.

2) 2015 2 Loss Stanford finished ahead of 1 loss Ohio State. Stanford was a conference champ and OSU wasn’t.

In your scenario UK wouldn’t finish ahead of OSU right now. The committee basically told us last night that they don’t view much of a difference between UK and OSU since they are 1 spot apart. In this scenario UK would get a win over the committees 6 seed currently and OSU would get a win over the committee 5 seed currently. OSU would then get a win over another ranked team in the committee top 25 in the championship game while UK would add a loss. What about that specific scenario would tell you UK would finish higher than OSU?

Same difference. Either way a 2 loss team has finished ahead of a 1 loss team twice and both of them were for obvious reasons. 1) Last year 2 loss Ohio State finished ahead of 1 loss Wisconsin who they just beat.

2) 2015 2 Loss Stanford finished ahead of 1 loss Ohio State. Stanford was a conference champ and OSU wasn’t.

In your scenario UK wouldn’t finish ahead of OSU right now. The committee basically told us last night that they don’t view much of a difference between UK and OSU since they are 1 spot apart. In this scenario UK would get a win over the committees 6 seed currently and OSU would get a win over the committee 5 seed currently. OSU would then get a win over another ranked team in the committee top 25 in the championship game while UK would add a loss. What about that specific scenario would tell you UK would finish higher than OSU?

UK beat #9 on the road by double figures, blew out #18 at home by 3 tds, lost to #20 on the road in OT, if they would beat Georgia that would another win over #6, that specific scenario looks pretty good to me!

UK beat #9 on the road by double figures, blew out #18 at home by 3 tds, lost to #20 on the road in OT, if they would beat Georgia that would another win over #6, that specific scenario looks pretty good to me!

I agree. Everything except the 2 losses.

They would have to keep it close against Bama to finish ahead of OS, probably 2 tds or less, don’t know if anybody can do that this year.

It’s kind of crazy that keeping it close against Bama is now simply within 2 TDs. But anyways it wouldn’t matter if UK has two losses. This isn’t me saying this. It’s the committee and history. I would want nothing more than for UK and Ohio State to both make the playoffs.

It’s kind of crazy that keeping it close against Bama is now simply within 2 TDs. But anyways it wouldn’t matter if UK has two losses. This isn’t me saying this. It’s the committee and history. I would want nothing more than for UK and Ohio State to both make the playoffs.

LOL, yes, that’s about what it’s come to this year the way they’ve been playing.

Louisville vs. Clemson doesn't make the list? The disrespect...

:lol2:

Deuce, I’d absolutely love it if they bursted Clemson’s playoff in to shambles. I don’t see it happening in any way, shape, or form, but it would be awesome and create plenty of chaos.

Deuce, I’d absolutely love it if they bursted Clemson’s playoff in to shambles. I don’t see it happening in any way, shape, or form, but it would be awesome and create plenty of chaos.

I wouldn't. Louisville beating Clemson is absolutely pointless. :lol2:

We don't have anything to worry about, though.

If the debate is 2-loss Kentucky versus 1-loss OSU it's not even a discussion...

Alabama has the Head Coach that LSU had when they were brought back from the dead. He now coaches LSU's arch rival and nemesis in Alabama. To top it off; he has won 5 national championships with said nemesis. Oh what could have been for LSU. The Alabama/LSU rivalry is like no other. 42 players were drafted from the 2011 game alone. The athleticism on these two teams is unmatched. Add to that playing in the real Death Valley at night and this will be the most intriguing match up of the weekend. I would be pleasantly shocked if this was a two TD win for Alabama. It is just too difficult to go play in that stadium with the athletes that LSU churns out each year.

Alabama has the Head Coach that LSU had when they were brought back from the dead. He now coaches LSU's arch rival and nemesis in Alabama. To top it off; he has won 5 national championships with said nemesis. Oh what could have been for LSU. The Alabama/LSU rivalry is like no other. 42 players were drafted from the 2011 game alone. The athleticism on these two teams is unmatched. Add to that playing in the real Death Valley at night and this will be the most intriguing match up of the weekend. I would be pleasantly shocked if this was a two TD win for Alabama. It is just too difficult to go play in that stadium with the athletes that LSU churns out each year.

If LSU is within a TD at half I think they will be alright. Alabama comes out and they punch you in the mouth immediately. I’ve never seen a team so consistently do that year in and year out. So if LSU can survive that initial punch and get to locker down a TD I start to think they have a chance. I just don’t see LSU surviving that punch.