Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Beechwood/NCC Predictions

Featured Replies

Let's get in on!! Of course, I will go w/Beechwood!! I am not going to give any of my secrets away and predict a score, only that Beechwood wins in a much better fashion than the first game.

 

I will, however say, whoever wins this game will play at the Pizza Palace on Dec 1st.

  • Replies 70
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can NC run on Beechwood? I think I read this week that after the HC loss earlier in the season, NC is passing only 7 times per game. Can the win it on the ground?

  • Author

They have a great RB! Beechwoods D has been pretty stingy w/letting teams get into the endzone lately. They allowed NCC in the endzone for 21 pts in the first half and shut them out in the second.

 

We will know next week.

NCC-28 BHS-14

  • Author
NCC-28 BHS-14

 

First it's 14 pt spread then it jumps to a 21 pt spread, which is it? I like the 21 pt spread. I could drink alot of cokes free all night w/that spread.

I think that NewCath has more talent, especially now that Tommy is unfortunately out. However, I still think that the better coaching is on Beechwood's sideline, which is far from an insult to Mr. Schneider and crew, it's a major compliment to Beechwood's staff. What killed NewCath last time was making 0 adjustments offensively at the half and Beechwood scrapping the running game to spread the field. Beechwood can't come out flat like it did last game and NewCath can't come near repeating it's second half from the same game. NewCath must cover kicks better. If they don't they will lose the battle of field position b/c Beechwood's kicker is a weapon and if it weren't for Popham at CovCath would get a lot of press. I'm not impressed with Beechwood's QB. NewCath needs to get pressure on him and his ball will float. The Tigers have a great receiver, I'm not even going to attempt to spell his name, that was the MVP of the last game with his kick returns and game winning TD grab. I'm not sure NewCath can cover him one-on-one. On the other end, I don't think that Beechwood will be able to consistently contain Vickars if NewCath's line plays to capability. Interesting game. I'm going with NewCath 28-24.

  • Author
I think that NewCath has more talent, especially now that Tommy is unfortunately out. However, I still think that the better coaching is on Beechwood's sideline, which is far from an insult to Mr. Schneider and crew, it's a major compliment to Beechwood's staff. What killed NewCath last time was making 0 adjustments offensively at the half and Beechwood scrapping the running game to spread the field. Beechwood can't come out flat like it did last game and NewCath can't come near repeating it's second half from the same game. NewCath must cover kicks better. If they don't they will lose the battle of field position b/c Beechwood's kicker is a weapon and if it weren't for Popham at CovCath would get a lot of press. I'm not impressed with Beechwood's QB. NewCath needs to get pressure on him and his ball will float. The Tigers have a great receiver, I'm not even going to attempt to spell his name, that was the MVP of the last game with his kick returns and game winning TD grab. I'm not sure NewCath can cover him one-on-one. On the other end, I don't think that Beechwood will be able to consistently contain Vickars if NewCath's line plays to capability. Interesting game. I'm going with NewCath 28-24.

 

You love to dislike Beechwood but it's great so after they win we can get on you.

 

Why would NCC make off. adjustments at half when they were doing what they wanted, run right over BHS and winning 21-7.

 

As for your BHS QB comment, Elliott, is 64/154 w/1168 yd and 11 TD's before last night. He does not throw 'floaters,' he throws bb's. I don't know what game you watch but your not watching the same QB I am.

 

The WR is Kayiatos, yes, he is a good one w/great hands and great speed. Finan, as of late, has been doing alot of the returns because they will kick away from Kayiatos.

 

Agree, Vicars is a great RB and is the key to winning. If BHS stops him, BHS wins because that means NCC has to be throwing and BHS's pass D has been very good this yr.

 

"Beechwood wins again!"

You love to dislike Beechwood but it's great so after they win we can get on you.

 

Why would NCC make off. adjustments at half when they were doing what they wanted, run right over BHS and winning 21-7.

 

As for your BHS QB comment, Elliott, is 64/154 w/1168 yd and 11 TD's before last night. He does not throw 'floaters,' he throws bb's. I don't know what game you watch but your not watching the same QB I am.

 

The WR is Kayiatos, yes, he is a good one w/great hands and great speed. Finan, as of late, has been doing alot of the returns because they will kick away from Kayiatos.

 

Agree, Vicars is a great RB and is the key to winning. If BHS stops him, BHS wins because that means NCC has to be throwing and BHS's pass D has been very good this yr.

 

"Beechwood wins again!"

 

Beechwood has the better Defense! They are big strong and fast. The X factor will be Vicars. He is an outstanding football player who is very underrated. If Beechwood can contain Vicars. Beechwood wins!

You love to dislike Beechwood but it's great so after they win we can get on you.

 

Why would NCC make off. adjustments at half when they were doing what they wanted, run right over BHS and winning 21-7.

 

As for your BHS QB comment, Elliott, is 64/154 w/1168 yd and 11 TD's before last night. He does not throw 'floaters,' he throws bb's. I don't know what game you watch but your not watching the same QB I am.

 

The WR is Kayiatos, yes, he is a good one w/great hands and great speed. Finan, as of late, has been doing alot of the returns because they will kick away from Kayiatos.

 

Agree, Vicars is a great RB and is the key to winning. If BHS stops him, BHS wins because that means NCC has to be throwing and BHS's pass D has been very good this yr.

 

"Beechwood wins again!"

 

Where in my assessment did I show any NewCath bias besides my prediction of the final score? I'm not impressed with Elliot. A 42% completion percentage doesn't jump out at me as great. He's a good runner though, so he gives Beechwood an added dimension in the playoffs. I believe, as well, that if NewCath can't run, they will have a hard time winning.

 

By the way, one of my best friends from college played at Beechwood. We needled each other all the time over the rivalry. That was 5 years ago, I'm over "disliking" a high school. I am making an objective observation. You do a pretty good job of it as well. Don't take it so personally.

Beechwood has the better Defense! They are big strong and fast. The X factor will be Vicars. He is an outstanding football player who is very underrated. If Beechwood can contain Vicars. Beechwood wins!

 

I believe that Beechwood has the better pass defense. I believe, but am not 100% certain, that NewCath gives up less yards against the run.

You love to dislike Beechwood but it's great so after they win we can get on you.

Na, Mex is a good guy, Well, for someone from NCC ;), and has respect for Beechwood.

  • Author
Where in my assessment did I show any NewCath bias besides my prediction of the final score? I'm not impressed with Elliot. A 42% completion percentage doesn't jump out at me as great. He's a good runner though, so he gives Beechwood an added dimension in the playoffs. I believe, as well, that if NewCath can't run, they will have a hard time winning.

 

By the way, one of my best friends from college played at Beechwood. We needled each other all the time over the rivalry. That was 5 years ago, I'm over "disliking" a high school. I am making an objective observation. You do a pretty good job of it as well. Don't take it so personally.

 

No bias, just my interpretation!

 

I am not taking it personal, I just hope you don't get upset w/me as some others have and send me private msg. I do this for fun and don't mean to hurt anyone's feelings. I get accused of 'bashing' some teams but don't bash BHS and I won't bash yours.

 

No matter who wins in NKY, I will always cheer for them to win a state championship.

 

As for the game, I agree, Vicars is key to their win or lose. If BHS shuts him down the way they did in the second half of the first game, BHS wins. If he runs wild, NCC wins.

 

I too have many friends at NCC, this will be a fun week as was last week because believe it or not, I have many friends at HC.

 

I know Mex is a good guy as are most on here!

Beechwood wins 24-10. I say that because I am definately biased!:banana:

NCC is rolling as of late and could be making that late season run, ala 2005..I think they get there revenge for the regular season loss, much like they did with Holy Cross this past week...Only difference will be it'll be alot closer... NCC 27 Beechwood 17

I agree that NCC is peaking when they need to. Beechwood and NCC both tend to do that when playoff time comes. That is what makes this rivalry great.

 

We all know it is tough to beat a great team twice. I am already popping tums over it!

 

Can't wait till next Friday! Good luck to all! May the best men win! Party at the jungle!:dancingpa

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.