Corbin 55 Garrard 6

Last four games were against: Wayne, Casey, Garrard, and Garrard. DUH !Not a very good yardstick, IMO. Remember the last decent team the Hounds played. They gave up 62 and tackled worse than cheerleaders.

Me, Watusi, and Oldbird(and we are a combined 150+ years) could hold Garrard to six points.

I doubt you could hold lil ole me to six points lol :D

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cobin's 'D' is really playing good football. They haven't allowed more than 200 total yards to a team during the past four weeks.

The Redhounds outgained Garrard tonight 360-47 and Garrad ran 49 plays.

The entire defense played well, but a couple that stood out to me were Campbell who put the hit on that screen that led to the fumble and TD from Mitchell and the freshman Watkins who played very well and seems to have nose for the ball.

The entire defense played well, but a couple that stood out to me were Campbell who put the hit on that screen that led to the fumble and TD from Mitchell and the freshman Watkins who played very well and seems to have nose for the ball.

Like the way the defense looks, Campbell is really coming on strong. Looks as if his limp is gone, and speed is returning. Hounds need to run that boy. If they continue into the playoffs they'll need his size and blocking skills to keep the defense honest.

Last four games were against: Wayne, Casey, Garrard, and Garrard. DUH !Not a very good yardstick, IMO. Remember the last decent team the Hounds played. They gave up 62 and tackled worse than cheerleaders.

Me, Watusi, and Oldbird(and we are a combined 150+ years) could hold Garrard to six points.

On the seasons, Wayne, Casey and Garrard's combined record is 11 wins vs. 21 losses.

Corbin's non district opponents have a record of 45 wins and 30 losses, with two of Corbin's losses coming to Oldham County who has 2 wins and 8 losses, South Laurel having 3 wins and 7 losses. Bell, Rock, Middlesboro and Lexington Christian have at least 9 wins each.

The point being the defense should look better since the last 4 games we have beaten teams who (with the exception of 7 and 4 Wayne County) is very sup-par to the rest of Corbin's schedule.

Like the way the defense looks, Campbell is really coming on strong. Looks as if his limp is gone, and speed is returning. Hounds need to run that boy. If they continue into the playoffs they'll need his size and blocking skills to keep the defense honest.

You must have good vision to see that there Hound defense while you are a Watching the Jackets....lol

Maybe Ol' Bubba needs to eat more Carrots....:lol:

Great win, will dominate Wayne Co. second time around. Look forward to Russell, this will be the test to see if we have improved, or need changes in Woodbine area. If Hotdog was still living, he would let us know.( this is for the oldtimers in corbin)

I heard on the radio that a couple of Garrard players got a little out of hand in this one and that one maybe got kicked out. Anybody know anything about it?

Seemed all night that 2 or 3 Garrard players were maybe trying to get a fight going, I personally thought they played a little dirty at times...........not normally how a Garrard team plays.. Don't remember anyone being kicked out......

Teams that are in a situation like that tend to be a little dirty. These small districts aren't good for anyone...what good does it do a 1 or 2 win team to get in the playoffs and get blown out...it simply burries the confidence if any was left. As a player and coach I notice teams that are on the short end for the season tend to play a little cheaper than they would if fortunes had gone the other way. I can't coment on this game's "incidents" as I was not able to make it.

Great win, will dominate Wayne Co. second time around. Look forward to Russell, this will be the test to see if we have improved, or need changes in Woodbine area. If Hotdog was still living, he would let us know.( this is for the oldtimers in corbin)

That maybe the case, but I can tell you this, if Wayne had Hall back for this game Wayne would win by two touchdowns. Hall is that good. And I saw the Wayne/Corbin game at Wayne.

That maybe the case, but I can tell you this, if Wayne had Hall back for this game Wayne would win by two touchdowns. Hall is that good. And I saw the Wayne/Corbin game at Wayne.

You could be right, but Corbin pretty well dominated the first game despite playing poorly that night. Didn't Corbin throw 3 INT's in the endzone that night? I thought Hall played in the first matchup.

Hall or no Hall it won't happen this year. Did Hall play in the overtime game vs Garrard. Corbin beat Garrard pretty bad 2 weeks in a row. But Wayne will be pretty good next couple years.