The Circus that is the Pittsburgh Steelers....

Big Ben is not on the same level as Brees. Not even close.

I believe he is. I don't think he is as competitive mentally, but no one extends plays like him and only Rodgers throws on the run as well. He makes big throws at big times. I have never seen a better throw than the one to Holmes in the Super Bowl.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe he is. I don't think he is as competitive mentally, but no one extends plays like him and only Rodgers throws on the run as well. He makes big throws at big times. I have never seen a better throw than the one to Holmes in the Super Bowl.

Big Ben has had a very good career. But putting him on the same level as Drew Brees is not giving Brees enough credit considering the records he's fixing to hold soon.

Wasn't that throw like 9 years ago? He at one time was elite, but he's not anywhere close to the level of Brees, Rodgers, & Brady anymore.

Brown missed practice dealing with a personal matter. Reported by ESPN.

Sure he did lol.

Our house is indeed a mess right now, but let's stop short of calling it a dumpster fire.

Ben missed bad a few times on Brown's targets, and that's definitely frustrating the mercurial receiver. Ben is showing his age and will likely not be around two years from now, and probably not next year. He doesn't have anywhere near the ability to extend plays like he did, and some people who have mentioned that ability are seeing ghosts of the past.

But at the end of the day, no QB is more attuned to this bunch of skill guys than Ben is. He's missing his safety valve and a ridiculously talented RB1, and honestly did a pretty good job of making Jesse James look like Heath Miller on Sunday.

Conner is a great story and should have a long career, but he ain't got what Bell brings. I hope he stops jet-skiing and starts playing football again. He may never get another chance at a ring, because the NFL is fickle that way. Ask Dan Marino.

Steelers were down two standouts in Haden (not sure how much he could've slowed the Mahomes Train, though) and DeCastro, who certainly could've helped Conner's chances, and Ben's.

I told lots of people before the year, possibly some on here, that the Steelers could win the SB or miss the playoffs.