Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What could have been ... good first-round matchups

Featured Replies

look at your quote it says it all. no denying what you said you would rather those games than opponents that are worthing of plying those NKY teams

  • Replies 88
  • Views 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again? When did you ask me before?

 

MY 3A top 8 would look like this:

 

1. Bowling Green

2. Covington Catholic

3. Highlands

4. Lexington Catholic

5. Johnson Central

6. Franklin County

7. Central

8. East Jessamine

 

Rockcastle would be, at best, in the #9 slot ...

 

I guess that's where we differ because I believe the Rock is better than half of the teams you have listed but just my opinion.:D

  • Author
I guess that's where we differ because I believe the Rock is better than half of the teams you have listed but just my opinion.:D
So where would you put them, and ahead and behind whom?

A Raceland vs NCC would probably be the best first round matchup in class A football.

Lincoln isn't a bad team, but they were thumped by a Pleasure Ridge Park team that finished fourth in their district, and Lincoln won arguably the state's weakest 4A district.

 

I understand the crux of your point, but Pleasure Ridge Park didn't "thump" Lincoln. I know I'm always being called out about not being at western Kentucky games, but I'm sure you weren't in Stanford that night. It was a tight ballgame all night and PRP put up a somewhat late score to extend the final margin. I'm not sure, but if those two played tonight, Lincoln may very well win.

So where would you put them, and ahead and behind whom?

 

1. Bowling Green

2. Cov Cath

3. Johnson Central

4. Highlands

5. Rockcastle

6. Lexington Cath

7. Central

8. Franklin

9. Bell

10. East Jessamine

 

This is where I see them right now. JC is a big unknown. They could be 3 or they could be 10. I think they are closer to 3 than 10 though. The rest are pretty solid in my opinion.

1. Bowling Green

2. Cov Cath

3. Johnson Central

4. Highlands

5. Rockcastle

6. Lexington Cath

7. Central

8. Franklin

9. Bell

10. East Jessamine

 

This is where I see them right now. JC is a big unknown. They could be 3 or they could be 10. I think they are closer to 3 than 10 though. The rest are pretty solid in my opinion.

 

I know what you are saying about JC, but I would have Highlands and Lexington Catholic in front of them for sure, and most likely Rockcastle County in front as well. Maybe even Central, but after last Friday I'm not sure.

  • Author
1. Bowling Green

2. Cov Cath

3. Johnson Central

4. Highlands

5. Rockcastle

6. Lexington Cath

7. Central

8. Franklin

9. Bell

10. East Jessamine

 

This is where I see them right now. JC is a big unknown. They could be 3 or they could be 10. I think they are closer to 3 than 10 though. The rest are pretty solid in my opinion.

Wow. That's all I'll say about it.
  • Author
I understand the crux of your point, but Pleasure Ridge Park didn't "thump" Lincoln. I know I'm always being called out about not being at western Kentucky games, but I'm sure you weren't in Stanford that night. It was a tight ballgame all night and PRP put up a somewhat late score to extend the final margin. I'm not sure, but if those two played tonight, Lincoln may very well win.
Well, 30-13 sounds like a thumping, especially at Lincoln. Even with a late score, PRP apparently had the game well in hand, even if they trailed in the first half.
Well, 30-13 sounds like a thumping, especially at Lincoln. Even with a late score, PRP apparently had the game well in hand, even if they trailed in the first half.

 

Yes and no. I'm a bit biased because I said that night (and have said all year) that PRP wasn't nearly as good as the media made them out to be. You'll notice that they were supposed to be the fourth best team in the state, yet were routed by their key district opponents.

 

Yeah, Lincoln County lost (and I'm not Patriot apologist, by the way), but unless you were there, there really isn't any way for me to prove that these two teams were even. Of course, that's just my opinion.

  • Author
Yes and no. I'm a bit biased because I said that night (and have said all year) that PRP wasn't nearly as good as the media made them out to be. You'll notice that they were supposed to be the fourth best team in the state, yet were routed by their key district opponents.
Well, anybody could be the #4 team in 4A and still be routed by Male and St. Xavier ... there is a huge dropoff after the top three teams.
Well, anybody could be the #4 team in 4A and still be routed by Male and St. Xavier ... there is a huge dropoff after the top three teams.

 

True. What chance, if any, does western Kentucky 4A have in a potential state championship meeting with the Louisville powers? Can they get past District 3/6? Who, in your mind, is the favorite to come from District 1 and/or 2?

  • Author
What chance, if any, does western Kentucky 4A have in a potential state championship meeting with the Louisville powers?
Slim.

Can they get past District 3/6?
On the road, it will be tough. It's likely that the team that comes out of the west will be favored.

Who, in your mind, is the favorite to come from District 1 and/or 2?
I would say Warren Central and Owensboro, although Henderson County or Christian County are capable of beating them.
  • Author
Yeah, Lincoln County lost (and I'm not Patriot apologist, by the way), but unless you were there, there really isn't any way for me to prove that these two teams were even. Of course, that's just my opinion.
Bottom line ... they lost by 17, at home, to a team that finished fourth in their district.
I know what you are saying about JC, but I would have Highlands and Lexington Catholic in front of them for sure, and most likely Rockcastle County in front as well. Maybe even Central, but after last Friday I'm not sure.

 

I have to admit that I could switch LexCath and the Rock but my loyalty is with the Rock. Agree that JC is an unknown.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.