Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

BluegrassPreps Class 2A Rankings - Discussion (8/27)

Featured Replies

Class 2A

 

All three of 2A's top contenders carried their momentum through another week. Mayfield and Christian Academy of Louisville both ambushed their foes for convincing wins. DeSales went the dramatic route, but secured a victory over another Top 5 6A school by defeating Butler. Danville's win streak came to an end against Corbin. They now will try to avoid a losing streak against 3A's top team rival Boyle County. Danville is not the only team from their District going after a #1 team. Somerset travels to Beechwood as well.

 

1. DeSales at 1A #10 Louisville Holy Cross

2. Mayfield vs. 3A #10 Paducah Tilghman

3. Christian Academy of Louisville vs. 6A #9 Central Hardin

4. Danville at 3A #1 Boyle County

5. Somerset at 1A #1 Beechwood

6. Glasgow vs. 3A Fort Campbell

7. Newport Central Catholic vs. 6A Campbell County

8. Lloyd -- OPEN

9. Owensboro Catholic vs. 5A #7 Owensboro

10. Walton-Verona at 4A Holmes

Well at least the associated press got the rankings right.

By no means am I an expert on 2A but my take is that there are CAL, Mayfield and DeSales in no particular order, and then there are the the rest.

By no means am I an expert on 2A but my take is that there are CAL, Mayfield and DeSales in no particular order, and then there are the the rest.

 

I agree. You cant put an asterisk beside a win and then a hailmary to win a game and just hand the number 1 spot to them but hey it is what it is.

I agree. You cant put an asterisk beside a win and then a hailmary to win a game and just hand the number 1 spot to them but hey it is what it is.

 

All DeSales did was beat 2 highly ranked 6A teams. Asterisk’s not needed for the St. Xavier win because injuries happen to everyone and if St. Xavier can’t beat a school a third of its size regardless of who the QB is then they need to take the L and get over it. Hail Mary’s happen and it shouldn’t dampen the victory. I bet if you tell Doug Flutie he didn’t earn the Hail Mary victory over Miami because he needed the Hail Mary to win. He would probably laugh. Give them credit because they have earned it regardless.

  • Author
Well at least the associated press got the rankings right.

Said no one ever.

 

DeSales was number one in the pre-season and has done nothing but beat two 6A teams that were ranked and happened to be three times their size.

DeSales had a hail mary to score on X before halftime. Apparently it’s a staple of their offense. Could be divine intervention. Lol.

Mayfield and CAL is definitely good but DeSales is clearly #1 with who they have beaten so far.

Like I said before, agree to disagree. Bulletin board. Hey it's all in fun, I'm a former Mayfield player and homer so I'll always agree to disagree.

I be the first to admit that you could switch the first 3 teams... by playing St.X & Butler hope it pays dividends come playoff time.

We can talk Hail Mary's all day. But they don't really matter unless your in the game to begin with. DeSales could absolutely be 0-2 right now, and they should still be in the top 3. No one else in 2A has even come close to playing the competition they have. So they are being rewarded for it. But honestly, so what? It's a three team race. No disrespect to the others. If i'm honest about it, I dread CAL. They probably have the most talent of the three. Mayfield sits in the best spot, as DeSales and or CAL will have to play twice. Look, it's only two games into a long season. A lot can happen. Let's just enjoy it. Us, and CAL will be gone next year.

As I said just a few post ago, I agree to disagree. it's all in good fun. Not discrediting what Desales has accomplished. It is what it is. Congrats on both wins and good luck to your team going forward. I refuse to argue with people on here like I did with wireman after the state championship loss. I'll just give my opinion and agree to disagree.

As I said just a few post ago, I agree to disagree. it's all in good fun. Not discrediting what Desales has accomplished. It is what it is. Congrats on both wins and good luck to your team going forward. I refuse to argue with people on here like I did with wireman after the state championship loss. I'll just give my opinion and agree to disagree.

 

Fair enough, but you've got to expect to catch some flak when your opinion isn't supported by anything objective.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.