Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Interesting read about Wandale Robinson

Featured Replies

Let's see:

 

His parents lied and used a different name so that Wandale could play his first football because he wasn't old enough to play.

 

The coach didn't care because Wandale was the best player on the field.

 

Wandale is articulate and beyond his years.

 

Wandale and his mom Vicki are very close and here is a quote from the article about it:

 

“Once I got old enough and realized football is something I can use to give my mom everything she wants and everything we’ve talked about, that’s why I play football,” Wandale Robinson said. “All for my mom.”

 

Wandale has not decided on a college but his list is down to Bama, Michigan, Nebraska, OSU, Purdue and the Cats Cats Cats!

 

Wandale wants two things from his final football season: for his team to improve on its 8-4 record in 2017 and to win Mr. Football. He’s humble, but that doesn’t mean he lacks confidence.

 

Wandale was seriously thinking about transferring to Trinity but he decided to stay put. It sure would be interesting to know more about the potential transfer.

 

It is a really nice, informative article by Josh Moore of the Herald Leader if you want to check it out:

 

A look at the life of Kentucky high school football star Wandale Robinson | Lexington Herald Leader

That 2nd paragraph, why would you admit that publically, especially right now?

Well that was a very interesting article. I hope he and his family get what they're after.

That was interesting to say the least.

That was interesting to say the least.

 

I think it gives a real depiction of what goes on in some of these circumstances.

That’s great. I don’t blame them, if 4 year olds are capable of playing I think they should. All that time and experience is showing now.

I'm honestly impressed. In 10 years of coaching and being on the board of youth sports leagues, this is the first time I've ever seen a parent or coach admit that they knowingly cheated/lied.

 

Interesting article for sure. Thanks for sharing @theguru

That’s great. I don’t blame them, if 4 year olds are capable of playing I think they should. All that time and experience is showing now.

 

Being capable and being smart are two different things. There is a reason they don't want children under 6 playing tackle football.

I'm honestly impressed. In 10 years of coaching and being on the board of youth sports leagues, this is the first time I've ever seen a parent or coach admit that they knowingly cheated/lied.

 

Interesting article for sure. Thanks for sharing @theguru

@Wireman there's a part of me that wants to believe that also; however, there's that other part of me that says this is what's wrong with youth and high school sports.

Very interesting read. My take on it is that this kid really has his head on his shoulders and has learned from his father's mistakes, while still maintaining a close relationship with him. He obviously has a close(er) relationship with his mother who has had to play double duty with parenting while Dale was locked up. It's a really interesting story as well as one that a potentially bad situation could turn into a lifelong dream for the kid.

 

The fact that he has maintained a close relationship with his father also makes me believe that Dale has turned the corner himself and is running a legit business/lifestyle, rather than what he was doing ten years or so ago. I really hope this kid succeeds, his mother lives life the best she can going forward and his father continues on the right track.

Being capable and being smart are two different things. There is a reason they don't want children under 6 playing tackle football.

 

I agree. I seriously doubt that the extra 2 years of play, from 4 to 6 yrs old made any difference, AT ALL, in his current skill level. It seems obvious this young man is a special athlete with a good head on his shoulders. Kids like that pick things up quickly.

 

Regardless, more power to him now. Hope his life continues to reward his hard work and good decision making.

It doesn't have anything to do with skill level. It's more about his health and well being.

It doesn't have anything to do with skill level. It's more about his health and well being.

 

Seems like he turned out just fine...

Seems like he turned out just fine...

 

Safety guidelines are established for a reason.

Safety guidelines are established for a reason.

 

They probably figure 5 year olds aren't built like 6 year olds, but thats not always the case... I get what you're saying and I completely understand that line of thinking, rules are rules. However some kids are more advanced than others. Age isn't always the best guage when deciding whether someone is ready to try something new. Car seats for kids come to mind. It's not just an age thing but also a height and weight thing. Weird analogy I know.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.