Johnson Central 40 Mason County 0

xyience

Great game tonight by the Golden Eagles. The field conditions I thought would limit the ability of the JC offense but they pleasantly proved me wrong. Putting up 40 pts in those field conditions was amazing against a solid defense like Mason Co. Mason has a ton of athletes but never could get going. The defense of JC showed its dominance once again in pitching the shut out. I was glad that I made the drive up to Mason cause the weather had me questioning myself. Once again, congrats Eagles on the perfect season and now lets get focused on the playoffs and good luck to Mason next week.:thumb:

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to the Eagles who proved that they are indeed the class of the district. The Royals could never get untracked - Cox (who was under the weather all week, but MC has no other options at QB) threw two early picks and the team never could get going on offense. JC was dominant on the line of scrimmage; Mason's only sustained drive came against many reserves and ended with a fumble.

And the score was 40-0 while for the most part keeping Grimm in check. He did score a long TD on the sweep left early, and probably came close to 200 yards on the night.

Hopefully Tony Browning is all right - got his bell rung and sat out most of the game.

Good luck to JC the rest of the way, and let's hope the Royals can rebound on the road next week.

And yes, it did look like celebrity night in Maysville this evening!

Does anyone have rushing totals for JC???

It will be hard to get official totals. From the second quarter on uniform numbers were indistinguishable due to the mud. I listened to the Maysville radio station, and they credited Ratliff with JC's last rushing touchdown. He was standing on the sideline, it was Dillon who ran that one in. On several plays in the second quarter they credited Grim with a Johnson carry, and vice versa. Maybe Spike Berkhimer did better, but it definitely was a mudbowl tonight. The kids seemed to enjoy it though: some Mason players dove in front of their bench as they came on the field, most Johnson Central players did that at the end of the game.

Good luck to the Royals and Eagles next week!

Congrats to the Eagles who proved that they are indeed the class of the district. The Royals could never get untracked - Cox (who was under the weather all week, but MC has no other options at QB) threw two early picks and the team never could get going on offense. JC was dominant on the line of scrimmage; Mason's only sustained drive came against many reserves and ended with a fumble.

And the score was 40-0 while for the most part keeping Grimm in check. He did score a long TD on the sweep left early, and probably came close to 200 yards on the night.

Hopefully Tony Browning is all right - got his bell rung and sat out most of the game.

Good luck to JC the rest of the way, and let's hope the Royals can rebound on the road next week.

And yes, it did look like celebrity night in Maysville this evening!

200 yards, and you held him in check?..:confused: ..................:D

You ought to see him on a night when he runs wild. That should put him very close to 2,000 on the season.

Anyone else notice the Lexington Catholic coach standing behind the west endzone? I thought that was a little strange since the Knights were in Anderson County last night.

Are you sure that was not me?

What was he wearing?

Are you sure that was not me?

What was he wearing?

Actually...no I am not sure it wasn't you...lol. He had on a dark blue coaches shirt that said Knights on the right side and it had a name on the left side of the shirt.

If that was you...it was nice to meet you...indirectly.