Johnson Central 40 Mason County 0

xyience

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Alot of hype was brought up about the backs from JC, which is well deserved, but these guys went nowhere without that O-line. Mason was decent between the tackles, but when JC ran that stretch play out to the left the O-line was beating Masons LB's and DB's to the corner all night. There play calling was very predictable tonight. When JC was 3rd and less than 5 they went between the tackles if it was 3rd and more then 5 they ran that stretch play to Grimm. I couldn't for the life of me figure out why Mason was not adjusting to this.

On the offensive side of the ball for the Royals they went nowhere on the ground alot of time the D-line was in the back field before they handed the ball off. Mason tried to go deep a couple of times, but the weather was a factor in the receivers getting in good position. The JC DB's got a couple picks just standing and waiting on the ball. Mason never once went over the middle, which was open all night. Mason had some success rolling out while the receivers ran little hitch and hook routes. I thought for sire they would go back to this in the second have, but they did not.

I'm not at all suprised that JC went undefeated this year. I felt like they had a great shot. I've been tough at times on BGP about JC but that was only because of several individuals attacking a family memeber of mine in the past. I think I've addressed each one of those people individually and we have reached a common ground.

There are a lot of guys at JC that I care a lot about including Coach Cook, Coach Burchett, Coach Reeves and Harry Burchett. I'm also happy things worked out for Nathanial Dials as an Eagle. Good luck to all of you in the playoffs and congrats on a great regular season.

JC hasnt played their starting offense and defense in an entire game all season. Against Ashland the starters were in until about the middle of the 4th. This will only help the 2nd string players step in for next years team with alot of game experience.