Beechwood 2018

Ram

Right. And how would the coaches "nip it"? You can't expect them to cut a talented kid based on speculation alone. BTW, it may not be a done deal yet.

Not what I heard. His uncle is on the coaching staff at Beechwood. Dad and Cam both confirmed he was gone. It's a DONE DEAL unless something drastic has changed.

He's a REALLY good QB that could start at many high schools but unfortunately he isn't better than Grady and he would need to wait a year before taking the helm.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Senior class is going to be the strength of the team, but they do have some holes to fill with some quality juniors and seniors to be.

It looks like they found their QB. The need to replace Davis at RB. I kinda see a RB by committee this year as they have some quality athletes there. They lose a starting TE/LB in Heist. Their shut-down corner is gone. The lose 1 OL and 1 DE. The biggest loss may be Mescher as his special teams impact was huge, and I'm not sure they have anyone to fill that void.

No RB by committee, the job is Logan Castleman's. He may spend some time in the slot, but he and Derry will get the majority of the carries. Logan will definitely need a few breaks on offense because he's crucial to the defense as well, but make no mistake, he is going to have a very good year running the football for Beechwood.

Old news. Pretty ballsy move when your mom has a job in the district. Heard this was happening back in the winter and yet he continued to show up at Highlands practice right up to the second to last day of school. Guess the coaches were rather naïve to believe this was not going to happen rather than nipping it right when it started to leak out.

Sounds more like Highlands screwed up on another stud qb. Should have let him start and learn from playing. I hope Hergott has a great career at Beechwood.

No RB by committee, the job is Logan Castleman's. He may spend some time in the slot, but he and Derry will get the majority of the carries. Logan will definitely need a few breaks on offense because he's crucial to the defense as well, but make no mistake, he is going to have a very good year running the football for Beechwood.

Logan Castleman and Josh Derry should have big years. Entire offensive line will be seniors and will be a big line to create big holes. Defensive line will be all seniors as well. If they stay healthy Beechwood should have another big year.

Logan Castleman and Josh Derry should have big years. Entire offensive line will be seniors and will be a big line to create big holes. Defensive line will be all seniors as well. If they stay healthy Beechwood should have another big year.

Their TE has good size also.

Their TE has good size also.

Yes and he is pretty athletic and has good speed. Should be a another good weapon for them.

Who will be the TE this year? Heist was the TE last year.

Also, I can see Corts getting some carries if healthy to get Castleman out on the edge more. With Sherron and Odom, they don't have a lot of size outside.

Who will be the TE this year? Heist was the TE last year.

Also, I can see Corts getting some carries if healthy to get Castleman out on the edge more. With Sherron and Odom, they don't have a lot of size outside.

I believe Luke Bolger will play TE. About 6”3 Ish 215. Played mainly DE last year. Will be a senior.

Key football players.

Adam Derry Sr. OL/DL 6'3 280

Dayton Baugh Sr. OL/DL 6'3 255

Duncan Baugh Sr. OL/DL 6'3 220

John Willis Sr. OL/DL 6'2 230

Noah Fisher Sr. OL/DL 5'11 240

Luke Bolger Sr. TE/DE 6'3 210

Logan Castleman Sr. RB/DB 5'11 180

Cameron Hergott So. QB 6'2 170

John Odom Sr. WR/DB 5'9 160

Josh Derry Jr. FB/LB 5'11 210

Jake Sherron Sr. WR/LB 5'7 160