Covington Catholic 8 Highlands 5

Fake news...

Advanced in 09, 10, 11, and 14.

Beat St. Henry (09 and 14), Bellevue (10), Newport (11)

Before we go on about those 4 victories not being against the strongest opponents, let's keep in mind first round regional matchups (when you win your district) are against a district loser not within your own district. St. Henry and that Bellevue team (depending on who was on the mound) are not teams to overlook. (See the St. Henry upset of Ryle in round 1 recently)

I said SINCE 2009, so the post I saw missed the 2014 win over St. Henry.

CovCath owns the Birds when played at CovCath. It will be interesting who they pitch vs Highlands next time they play. Maile has pitched both games this year. Where is Casteel?

CovCath is very good at taking advantage of the other teams mistakes and they have quality at bats from top to bottom of their lineup.

CovCath owns the Birds when played at CovCath. It will be interesting who they pitch vs Highlands next time they play. Maile has pitched both games this year. Where is Casteel?

CovCath is very good at taking advantage of the other teams mistakes and they have quality at bats from top to bottom of their lineup.

At this point, I would throw Maile again Friday. Then, if there were another matchup in the Regional, throw either Casteel or Stallman. That way the Birds wouldn't have seen either one of the junior starters.

Few games in any sport have less relevance than a regular season baseball game. Baseball is more unpredictable than the other sports. There are more variables in baseball.

I think we all get that.

Hard to not project HHS as Region favorite with their arms, experience and leadership.

With that said, I’d love to see Krumps get #10. The man has given everything he has for 42 years.

I, like many, get frustrated at times by his approach and unwillingness to change. But, that man works so darn hard and cares so much. He’s a flat out champ. He deserves respect.

Give em hell, Krumps!

You can count on the fact that he’ll bring it every. single. day.