Marlins at Reds (5/4-5/6)

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Reds defense has be horrible this year, just horrible. I've come to realize we were really, really spoiled by having Cozart and Phillips up the middle for all those years. (No, I'm not saying they should still be here...just that I'm seeing a lot of plays that used to be made, not being made now.) It's hard enough to win with a young and often erratic pitching staff, but when the defense is booting balls or throwing them away...man, that's just frustrating.

The Reds defense has be horrible this year, just horrible. I've come to realize we were really, really spoiled by having Cozart and Phillips up the middle for all those years. (No, I'm not saying they should still be here...just that I'm seeing a lot of plays that used to be made, not being made now.) It's hard enough to win with a young and often erratic pitching staff, but when the defense is booting balls or throwing them away...man, that's just frustrating.

I would love to see all the throws Gennett has made to first base. It is an adventure sometimes getting it to first base. And I think the official scorekeeper has been pretty kind to the Reds this year (though not the pitcher). They made the comment on the broadcast yesterday how hard it is to jump out of the way of a ball hit straight at you that hard. And it was scored a hit.