Marlins at Reds (5/4-5/6)

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My view on the young pitchers on staff:

Iglesias - stud obviously

Castillo - far and away the best prospect to be a top of the rotation starter

Mahle - He is #3 on my list. He has the stuff and control to be a solid middle of the rotation guy.

Romano - Jury still out. Showing signs of hope. Top end is #3 starter.

Finnegan - I think he ends up in the bullpen. He can't get his control issues fixed.

Garrett - I believe he is better served in the bullpen for now. He needs frequent work to develop. Get the delivery repeatable. Get more experience. Because of playing college basketball, he needs experience. Has a chance to become a mid rotation starter.

Peraza SS

Blandino 2B

Votto 1B

Suarez 3B

Duvall LF

Schebler RF

Barnhart C

Romano P

Hamilton CF

It's unbelievable how Duvall continues to play while Jesse Winker is being given every 3rd day off.

Inexcusable....Winker has 104 PA this season. Duvall has 117. Hamilton has 107.

9 games with the Reds now for Rosell Herrera. Only one start and one pinch hitting appearance. Hard to believe he hasn’t gotten more of a chance on a team with two of the worst outfielders in Major League Baseball.

Fundamental baseball! Finnegan gives up a hit with runners on 2nd & 3rd and just stands there watching the play. He needed to get his fat rear over to cover first once Votto left so they could have had a play on Marte taking a wide turn. Result, 2 runs in, now two more on, 0 outs. Seems like he always has early inning troubles. Another hit 3-0, one out. I think I heard Welch say, "hey, this isn;t instructional league, Riggleman may go get him." 4-0 now, 2 out, bad throws to first. This is like watching bad knothole ball!! Sorry, I just had to vent.