Reds at Twins (4/27 - 4/29)

Keury Mella has probably earned consideration to be the next SP brought up. He has dominated AA so far this year.

Last night he tossed 7 shutout innings with 9 K’s and no walks.

Yes, but no need to start anymore clocks on a wasted year. You need 3 or 4 spot starts, bring up somebody that the clock has started and has options.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sending Castillo down to get his head straight might not be a bad idea. Who to brink up, I don't know. He was terrible last night.

Maybe he needs to take care of that hair so that his cap fits and then he can concentrate on pitching rather than making sure his hat stays on his head. Just something I have noticed each and every time that he has pitched.

Maybe he needs to take care of that hair so that his cap fits and then he can concentrate on pitching rather than making sure his hat stays on his head. Just something I have noticed each and every time that he has pitched.

That is funny but I have noticed that too. He spends alot of time adjusting his cap.

Castillo has no business being sent down. If the kid is part of your future you let him figure it out up at the major league level and take his lumps.

If, and IMO it’s a horrible idea, you do move him from the rotation, you have to give his spot to Garrett.

The minor league option is Mella. Kid got a cup of coffee last September and is probably ready for a shot.

Stephenson is, unfortunately, a mess right now.

I’m not saying Herrera is anything special but he was swinging a hot bat at AAA. Throw him in there and see if he can stay hot, don’t bring him up and let him rot on the bench. The reds confuse me. He’s younger than Duvall and was once considered a top prospect. Or let him play for Hamilton. The Reds have to have the worst offensive outfield in baseball outside of Winker but Ervin or Herrera cant get a legit shot.

I’m not saying Herrera is anything special but he was swinging a hot bat at AAA. Throw him in there and see if he can stay hot, don’t bring him up and let him rot on the bench. The reds confuse me. He’s younger than Duvall and was once considered a top prospect. Or let him play for Hamilton. The Reds have to have the worst offensive outfield in baseball outside of Winker but Ervin or Herrera cant get a legit shot.

I agree with you 100%. He is still only 25, has decent speed and has some pop.