Summer Vacation 2018

TTS_JF

We haven't been to Myrtle Beach in few years so we are headed back there. I have a great HS friend who lives nearby and still has a great band and they are always playing somewhere that's nice. Gonna check em out again and have a cold one with an ol' friend!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My folks rented a house on lake Erie for them, my family and my other two brothers families. Mom said it'll be closer to home and people always go to the beach, try something new. Has a nice beach but i'm assuming the water may be a little cold.

Where about on the lake?

Taking a week to go to Gettysburg, York, and Lancaster area in PA. A lot of craft breweries and distilleries around to tour along with the typical sights of that area. Unfortunately not making bourbon. Also a side trip to Pottsville to tour Yuengling. Kinda weird that in the Amish area, we are staying in a town named Intercourse.

Not taking one this year. Wife and I were going to take a week and go somewhere in July as a kinda sorta honeymoon since we didnt go on one. Not happening now. Oh well. IMO Vacations are kinda a waste of money anyways.

:idunno:

To each their own I guess. You definitely bring a different view to life than most.

Hitting up Sea Pines in Hilton Head, SC again in July.

Then Gulf Shores, AL in October

Love gulf shores. When the children were younger we hit the beach nearly every year...more out in Ft. Morgan. Way less crowded. Love the seafood, esp the original oyster house, docs, tacky jacks, and the steamer.

:idunno:

To each their own I guess. You definitely bring a different view to life than most.

Hotel rooms, travel expenses, dining out everyday, it adds up, and to me is always more of a headache than its worth. But, I never went on vacations as a kid either, so thats probably where my perspective comes from.

Love gulf shores. When the children were younger we hit the beach nearly every year...more out in Ft. Morgan. Way less crowded. Love the seafood, esp the original oyster house, docs, tacky jacks, and the steamer.

I've never been there. So any advice on the area and things to do would be nice

Hotel rooms, travel expenses, dining out everyday, it adds up, and to me is always more of a headache than its worth. But, I never went on vacations as a kid either, so thats probably where my perspective comes from.

To me, nearly nothing tops hanging out at the beach all day long. Only worries are watching the kids, keeping the cooler stocked with ice cold brews, and not getting caught by the lady friend while checking out the "scenery".