Reds at Brewers (4/16 - 4/18)

The fact that Price continues to hit Hamilton or Peraza at the top of the order and Duvall in the cleanup spot alone should be enough to get him fired. A lot of people say that no one could win with this lineup. That maybe true but he's not giving them the best chance to be competitive. That's not even taking into account him playing Blandino every 3 days or so. Personally, I don't think Blandino will ever be more than a utility player but this is a lost season. Give him a chance to play every day while Suarez is out to see if he can fill that utility role going forward.

Agreed.

Once Schebler comes back from the DL they need to put him in RF, Winker in LF, and let Ervin have a shot in CF. Use Billy as a PR/late inning defensive replacement guy and Duvall as the 4th OF.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For all of those that complain about the lineup and who is playing and who isn’t, you do realize that he has to run this past management and the analytics department every night correct? He doesn’t have the clout not too.

Winker is not a LF, he’s barely an outfielder. Too S..L...O..W.. listen to Brantley cringe when he doesn’t get to a ball. Not saying don’t play him, just not in left. And Ervin has been caught loafing 3 or 4 times already, surprised he’s up still.

Not a Price fan by any means. Matter of fact it’s time to change it up just for change sake. Stands will be empty this summer. But anyone who says he’s been dealt a fair shake, especially this year with a continued short bench, is fooling themselves. This mess goes back to being small market and to Mr. Jocketty

For all of those that complain about the lineup and who is playing and who isn’t, you do realize that he has to run this past management and the analytics department every night correct? He doesn’t have the clout not too.

Winker is not a LF, he’s barely an outfielder. Too S..L...O..W.. listen to Brantley cringe when he doesn’t get to a ball. Not saying don’t play him, just not in left. And Ervin has been caught loafing 3 or 4 times already, surprised he’s up still.

Not a Price fan by any means. Matter of fact it’s time to change it up just for change sake. Stands will be empty this summer. But anyone who says he’s been dealt a fair shake, especially this year with a continued short bench, is fooling themselves. This mess goes back to being small market and to Mr. Jocketty

If their analytics team is telling him he has to bat a guy with a .237 career batting average and .290 OBP with runners in scoring position in the cleanup spot then they're wasting their money on analysts.

Where did you come up with the bolded?

Are you kidding me? That was a horrible call. I seriously doubt if Pennington had swung at it, he'd even been able to reach it. Then we'd all be crying "What the heck was he swinging at?"

No, not kidding. It was not that far off the plate and in my opinion too close to take for Pennington. I will admit if his last name was Votto, Cozart, etc., other than Pennington, it would have been called a ball.

Where did you come up with the bolded?

I happen to know one coach on the staff fairly well. Won’t say we’re big buddies but we do speak on a semi regular basis and golf a little.

I am not saying that he has to get their permission for batting order, etc. but he does have to run starting lineup and defensive shifts by analytics as do a lot of managers. With all the science involved in the game now, it’s not as simple as filling out a card

I happen to know one coach on the staff fairly well. Won’t say we’re big buddies but we do speak on a semi regular basis and golf a little.

I am not saying that he has to get their permission for batting order, etc. but he does have to run starting lineup and defensive shifts by analytics as do a lot of managers. With all the science involved in the game now, it’s not as simple as filling out a card

Well then they need to get a new analytics department, because his decisions go against the #s more often than not.