Reds at Brewers (4/16 - 4/18)

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are carrying 8 pitchers so there are only 4 reserves. As mentioned earlier, they have 2 other OF on the 40 man roster (1 at AA, 1 in A). They had used a reserve earlier in the game so they were down to 3. Barnhart was the tying run so you want to pinch run for him (Winker, Pennington, Mesoraco were the options). Knowing that the pitcher was coming up, you also had to keep in mind that you needed a PH there plus someone to catch if you tied it up and went extras (i.e Mesoraco). If the game does go extras do you want Winker to be the last reserve on the bench? This message would have crashed, if the game goes extra innings and the pitcher spot is up with guys on base and its either Winker or the pitcher to hit.

Likewise, Price would have been bashed if he keeps Barnhart in the game to run and he gets thrown out at the plate to end the game.

They are carrying 8 pitchers so there are only 4 reserves. As mentioned earlier, they have 2 other OF on the 40 man roster (1 at AA, 1 in A). They had used a reserve earlier in the game so they were down to 3. Barnhart was the tying run so you want to pinch run for him (Winker, Pennington, Mesoraco were the options). Knowing that the pitcher was coming up, you also had to keep in mind that you needed a PH there plus someone to catch if you tied it up and went extras (i.e Mesoraco). If the game does go extras do you want Winker to be the last reserve on the bench? This message would have crashed, if the game goes extra innings and the pitcher spot is up with guys on base and its either Winker or the pitcher to hit.

Likewise, Price would have been bashed if he keeps Barnhart in the game to run and he gets thrown out at the plate to end the game.

When you say 8 pitchers I'm assuming you mean relievers?

You PR with a pitcher there. No question.

Couldn't one of the pitchers ran? Now if Winker has to go on the DL they can't backdate it.

Sure if you don't want to put your best option out there. It sounds like the only thing Winker was available to do Sunday was run though

Winker went to the plate last night in a 9-4 game. I'd be more concerned about that than him going in a pinch runner down 3-2

Sure if you don't want to put your best option out there. It sounds like the only thing Winker was available to do Sunday was run though

Winker went to the plate last night in a 9-4 game. I'd be more concerned about that than him going in a pinch runner down 3-2

He PH again last night.

He must not be hurt bad enough to need the extra 5 days.

Sigh....I feel ya Doug.

Doug Gray

‏ @dougdirt24

now4 seconds ago

Doug Gray Retweeted C. Trent Rosecrans

Just my daily complaint that Alex Blandino isn't playing at third base. Again. Because, well, two guys the Reds signed as minor league free agents before spring training need to play instead.