Saturday

Kentucky Windage

Seen on the ten day that we have a weather system moving in. Just wanted to see if it was going to be bringing some severe weather this way.

Looking forward to hearing from @nWo on this one.

The severe threat for Saturday is increasing. The Storm Prediction Center has most of Kentucky in a Marginal Risk Area for strong to severe storms on Saturday. A portion of South Central Kentucky is in a Slight Risk Area.

KY_swody3.png

A line of showers and possible thunderstorms some of which could be strong to severe looks to enter Western Kentucky early Saturday morning then move eastward across the state through out the day. This line should stretch from the Great Lakes down to Mississippi. Rain fall totals of 1-3" across most of the state are possible. I'll post a more detailed update when I get home from work.

Any idea on the timing of these storms yet? I'm supposed to go to Loretto with the Mrs. to work the Handcraft Festival at Makers Mark.

All times are ET

2 am Western Kentucky

8 am around the I-65 corridor

10 am to 2 pm east of the I-65 corridor

2 pm till 8 pm from just east of I-65 and south of I-64

Here's the GFS simulated radar from 2 am till 8 pm ET Saturday

32-nodither.gif

Here are the rainfall totals through 8 pm Saturday night.

90.jpg

The severe storm threat maybe increasing some more since yesterday. I wouldn't be at all surprise if the Storm Prediction Center raise the threat level for parts of Kentucky from Marginal to a Slight Risk Area later today. It should be released within the next 30 minutes or so

Your a great resource @nWo
I don't know about being great but thanks for the compliments.

So Saturday is just probably going to be a rainout, nothing super bad?

For now some of the thunderstorms could be strong but I'm not seeing anything major severe wise. I'll update early in the morning.