Real Estate Advice

Kentucky Windage

I'll get you guys up to speed on our situation.

We are selling our home and looking for either property or if something hits the market that we find agreeable we will take it. But this is all going to be about timing.

So - we have sold a house before and then built a house. But while our house had sold we had a place to go stay while in between houses. That will not be an option this time. What have you done while in between houses?

Also - we will be listing our house without an agent. This will be new to us as well. We will at least be getting an agent to get us an MLS#. Has anyone tried this before? And what advice could you give us?

It’s a good time to be selling. If you live in a good area and have a nice home, it’ll sell itself. I don’t blame you for passing on a realtor really.

As far as the rest, I have nothing to offer as I’ve never been in that situation.

Just out of my own curiosity, what part of the state are you in currently?

Everything I'm hearing is that it's a buyers market big time right now. If that's the case not sure how it can also be a good time to sell? Seems contradictory to me.

My mom and dad about 20 years ago was in the same situation and they rented a mobile home at a park for a few months.

Everything I'm hearing is that it's a buyers market big time right now. If that's the case not sure how it can also be a good time to sell? Seems contradictory to me.

My mom and dad about 20 years ago was in the same situation and they rented a mobile home at a park for a few months.

Contingent upon a good home in a good neighborhood that’s fairly priced, it’ll be gone in no time.

Contingent upon a good home in a good neighborhood that’s fairly priced, it’ll be gone in no time.

Also fwiw, we have been looking for a house for a little while, we have made two offers so far, both above asking price, and we’re out bid both times.

Friends of mine were in the same boat and finally bought a home significantly above asking as well.

We built this house about 6 years ago now. It'll be listing about $45,000 above where we bought it.

I'll let you know we are in the market for property in the southern Campbell County area - land or house and land. No subdivisions.

How many acres?

We built and lived at the mother in laws during the process. We also sold our house on our own. Your first 5 calls will be from realtors.

Good luck finding the property you want in Alexandria. Could get pricey unless you get off the beaten path.

NKY is definitely a seller’s market right now. Houses in good markets are sold in a matter of a couple days above market value. We’ve been looking for over a year now, and in the areas we’re looking at, houses hit the internet in pending status more often then not and well above any price I would ever pay.

We built our current home, and we also stayed with the in-laws during the process.

We tried selling our house by owner without any success. We put it on FSBO and had it advertised in the old realty magazines. We got a couple lookers, but when we got a realtor, she had it sold in 3 days for asking price.

We built our current home, and we also stayed with the in-laws during the process.

We tried selling our house by owner without any success. We put it on FSBO and had it advertised in the old realty magazines. We got a couple lookers, but when we got a realtor, she had it sold in 3 days for asking price.

The answer here is tell realtors you will co-op. If they bring you a buyer, you will give them the 3% buyer's agent commission. Get flyers and emails to real estate agents active in the area. That gets the property sold and saves the seller 4%