Multi Sport State Champs in same year

I think the main reason many ask questions on here is that others might have a quick reply. In this case their school or a school nearby may have been one to have achieved what is being asked in the OP.

Exactly. Also, I did look it up and didn’t see any schools win all 3. I thought I may have missed it and someone else knew something that I didn’t you. I sure wasn’t being lazy...

What is the most state titles that a school has won in a single school year with all sports combined?

My guess St. X has several years with three or more state titless. Along with being competitive in football, St. X wins state titles here and there in baseball, soccer, golf, tennis, wrestling and the Xavierans pretty much own swimming. I have to think there have been years with 3 States. Where is Oxnard when you need him? He would know this off memory.

I know that there have been three schools that have won the Football and Basketball State Title in the same year. Trinity 2012, Bowling Green 2017, and CCH 2018. Have there been any others to do so?

Has there ever been a school win the “BIG” three with Football, Basketball, and Baseball in the same season?

What is the most state titles that a school has won in a single school year with all sports combined?

I think the main reason many ask questions on here is that others might have a quick reply. In this case their school or a school nearby may have been one to have achieved what is being asked in the OP.

I think this a fantastic question CCHC44! I'm for anything here that sparks curiosity and opens a thoughtful discussion.

To catspaws' point, many of us have long memories *sigh* :lol2: , and a wealth of archived materials. If I have a quick answer, I'm happy to provide it. It's about being of maximum service to a fellow member.

That being said, I don't have a definitive to the first question. Am I curious enough to do some digging? Yes sir.

I believe CWB is on the right track with St. Xavier on the second question. I believe they've won more state titles than any other school. There's bound to be some crossover.

On tangent Colonel, as you're a NKYian (?) - I'd guess there are less than a handful of times the same school has won "Big Three" sports 9th/NKY Regional titles in the same school year.

Happy hunting. :angrybird7:

Edited by Runcible Owl

I think this a fantastic question CCHC44! I'm for anything here that sparks curiosity and opens a thoughtful discussion.

To catspaws point, many of us have long memories *sigh* :lol2: , and a wealth of archived materials. If I have a quick answer, I'm happy to provide it. It's about being of maximum service to a fellow member.

That being said, I don't have a definitive to the first question. Am I curious enough to do some digging? Yes sir.

I believe CWB is on the right track with St. Xavier on the second question. I believe they've won more state titles than any other school. There's bound to be some crossover.

On tangent Colonel, as you're a NKYian (?) - I'd guess there are less than a handful of times the same school has won "Big Three" sports 9th/NKY Regional titles in the same school year.

Happy hunting. :angrybird7:

Thanks so much!!