Early Predictions... Best NKY Sophomores

Yes it is a shame that Bryce has to undergo this surgery. Big strong kid that I have watched play for years now. He has thrown a lot of pitches over the last few years, both in summer, showcases and High School. I have no doubt he will come back from this, but just hate seeing him miss this year. With a strong summer I also believe he would have increased his offers pitching for Midland this year.

How does a sophomore need TJ surgery? How does that happen?

A few years ago there was a discussion that some parents wanted to just go ahead and get their 1st TJ surgery out of the way during HS (almost like elective surgery) so it didn't come at an inconvenient time. Crazy discussion and ridiculously misplaced priorities, but reflects the perceived high likelihood of it happening anyway and the perceived routine nature of the surgery and how most kids come back from it.

A few years ago there was a discussion that some parents wanted to just go ahead and get their 1st TJ surgery out of the way during HS (almost like elective surgery) so it didn't come at an inconvenient time. Crazy discussion and ridiculously misplaced priorities, but reflects the perceived high likelihood of it happening anyway and the perceived routine nature of the surgery and how most kids come back from it.

If they knew the actual # of players that come back better than before surgery they wouldn't do it...all they hear about is the ML player who has the ability to take 365 days a year and do nothing but re-hab...what kids parents can dedicate to that schedule?..not many. And any so called Dr. providing that surgery as an elective should have his license taken away.

I can’t imagine that thought. But I’ve heard many who believe they’ll be stronger after the surgery. While it is mostly successful, still, about 1 out of every 5 don’t make it back. Not good enough odds for me to do it electively.

I can tell you most assuredly that this was not the case for Bryce and his family. They were devastated to get the news that the surgery was required.

The same parents might want their kids to shoot up steroids... . What ever gets you an edge... yikes.

Edited by Bwtigerpaw
Spelling

The same parents might want their kids to shoot up steroids... . What ever gets you an edge... yikes.

If someone thinks that hasn't happened recently you just need to look at the size of the kids these days. It's funny, when I was growing up in the late 70's-early 80's I may have seen one, maybe 2 kids in my entire school under the age of 18 that could grow a full beard......it amazes me how many kids, both small and large, have that capability. I'm almost 50 and cannot grow as good of a beard as some of these kids today...lol.

I can’t imagine that thought. But I’ve heard many who believe they’ll be stronger after the surgery. While it is mostly successful, still, about 1 out of every 5 don’t make it back. Not good enough odds for me to do it electively.

What’s even scarier is some of these parents think their kid is going to make his living playing baseball. To be that naive to think they’ll do one now and another later is incredible. I played with maybe the best pitcher in NKY in the last 30 years and he never made the show, where the money is. Came close but didn’t get there. It’s almost an impossibility to play mlb.