March 8, 20188 yr With everything swirling around college basketball right now, it is more than refreshing to see a guy like Clark be awarded for not only the player but the person he has become in his 4 years at Cincinnati. Clark was named AAC POY, DPOY and Sportsman of the Year over the past 2 days. There is no finer human being in college basketball, and to see his hard work pay off like it has this year has been by far the most fun part of the season the Bearcats are having. He's the best...
March 8, 20188 yr Congratulations to Clark. I would venture to guess that his attitude and leadership are big reasons UC is having the type of season that they are.
March 8, 20188 yr Author Congratulations to Clark. I would venture to guess that his attitude and leadership are big reasons UC is having the type of season that they are. Without question. He's 10x the person he is the basketball player, and he's a hell of a basketball player...
March 8, 20188 yr That is a problem! Love what Gary Clark has been able to achieve while at UC. Great kid!
March 8, 20188 yr Gary Clark has been a solid player for UC. Every time I hear his name I have to laugh though. We were sitting around watching March Madness with about 10 guys his freshman year and my buddy who is a big UC fan makes the comment, "Man, Gary Clark is such a solid freshmen. You just don't see freshman like him that often". Which quickly came with a response from myself, "Dude, he's playing against a team full of them right now" lol. That was the year UC played UK in the tournament and the Cats had KAT, Booker, Towns, and etc.
March 8, 20188 yr Author Gary Clark has been a solid player for UC. Every time I hear his name I have to laugh though. We were sitting around watching March Madness with about 10 guys his freshman year and my buddy who is a big UC fan makes the comment, "Man, Gary Clark is such a solid freshmen. You just don't see freshman like him that often". Which quickly came with a response from myself, "Dude, he's playing against a team full of them right now" lol. That was the year UC played UK in the tournament and the Cats had KAT, Booker, Towns, and etc. All time leader in games started and one of only 5 players in program history with 1000 points and 1000 rebounds. He’s been far more than “solid”...
March 8, 20188 yr All time leader in games started and one of only 5 players in program history with 1000 points and 1000 rebounds. He’s been far more than “solid”... Here I thought calling a guy solid was a compliment. Didn't mean to insult you. Hell, being the all time leader in games started is the definition of "solid".
March 8, 20188 yr Author Here I thought calling a guy solid was a compliment. Didn't mean to insult you. Hell, being the all time leader in games started is the definition of "solid". It is a compliment for a guy that’s solid, but Clark has been much more than “solid”. He just won conference POy and DPOY. That’s “solid”???
March 8, 20188 yr It is a compliment for a guy that’s solid, but Clark has been much more than “solid”. He just won conference POy and DPOY. That’s “solid”??? Yeah, I'd say that's pretty damn solid. Not really a hole in his game. Sure there are plenty of other accolades that you can give him too. But when did calling a guy solid become such a negative attribute? If I was one of those clowns that "@'s" you with idiotic stuff on your Twitter, I could see you taking offense to it. No idea why you're taking issue with it here lol.
March 8, 20188 yr Author Yeah, I'd say that's pretty damn solid. Not really a hole in his game. Sure there are plenty of other accolades that you can give him too. But when did calling a guy solid become such a negative attribute? If I was one of those clowns that "@'s" you with idiotic stuff on your Twitter, I could see you taking offense to it. No idea why you're taking issue with it here lol. No “offense” taken. I think he has been far more than just a solid player. You clearly hold the term solid to a much higher standard than I do. I disagree. I’m allowed to do that without you getting your feelings hurt, right...
March 8, 20188 yr No “offense” taken. I think he has been far more than just a solid player. You clearly hold the term solid to a much higher standard than I do. I disagree. I’m allowed to do that without you getting your feelings hurt, right... My "feelings" aren't hurt at all. Guess we just have different views of what solid means. I would've thought it was a strong compliment for a guy that really doesn't have any holes in his game.
March 8, 20188 yr No “offense” taken. I think he has been far more than just a solid player. You clearly hold the term solid to a much higher standard than I do. I disagree. I’m allowed to do that without you getting your feelings hurt, right... I get what you're saying here. Solid to me is equivalent to calling a QB a game manager. I also don't think MJ meant it in the way you and I view it.
March 9, 20188 yr I'm a huge fan of Gary's, am thrilled that he is getting his just deserves, and I hate to see him leave. I've never met him, but many close friends that have rave about his demeanor, his character, and his personality. Nice to see good things happen to good people. Hope he gets a chance to make a deep run over the next few weeks.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.