Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Suit Filed Against Pike Central

Featured Replies

Less action in this forum

 

Nah. Pike County Central didn’t win so nobody cares.

I have typed up a few posts and deleted them before hitting submit. I'm not sure what to say. Strong allegations, though.

  • Author

Wonder if the KHSAA will do anything with this? The court hearing is set for this week in Pike County. Story is picking up steam across KY media outlets as well.

Wonder if the KHSAA will do anything with this? The court hearing is set for this week in Pike County. Story is picking up steam across KY media outlets as well.

 

I can only speak to one other issue that the KHSAA did nothing so I would assume they wouldn't do anything with this.

Wonder if the KHSAA will do anything with this? The court hearing is set for this week in Pike County. Story is picking up steam across KY media outlets as well.

 

KHSAA says they have no formal complaint.

 

They will do nothing, and on the 1% chance they do, it will be way after season.

Same people always involved. The underground of basketball is a cold, dark place.

  • Author

I tend to think the KHSAA will do nothing as well. There are rumors of investigations throughout the member schools (across various sports), but outside Cordia, I can think of nothing getting done to stop any kind of recruiting at any level. This will likely be no different as the KHSAA has no way to stop it. Even if it violates their rules, they wont do a thing about it.

 

Why would a formal complaint be needed anyway? Can they not pick up a LHL and see the allegations then investigate their validity? I would be shocked if they had not yet heard of this story. Perhaps national headlines are needed to get their attention.

I find myself in the most uncomfortable position of defending the KHSAA in this debate. Doesn't taste very good but needs to be done. If they were to, as some of you suggest, just pick up the paper and launch into an investigation each time these kinds of situations occur, they would be spending all day, every day, chasing down allegations, rumors and outright lies that are told about dozens, maybe even hundreds of programs out there. They are NOT an investigative body. They are designed to be an administrative body that must, upon request, investigate REPORTS of wrongdoing by its members. They are not designed to run off on claims made in the media or anywhere else. If someone makes a REPORT to them and they don't follow up, then shame be on them and heads should roll. But expecting anything else is just simply unreasonable. Anybody can "make" a claim. Anybody can file a suit. Somebody file a report and then expect action by the KHSAA. Simple.

I find myself in the most uncomfortable position of defending the KHSAA in this debate. Doesn't taste very good but needs to be done. If they were to, as some of you suggest, just pick up the paper and launch into an investigation each time these kinds of situations occur, they would be spending all day, every day, chasing down allegations, rumors and outright lies that are told about dozens, maybe even hundreds of programs out there. They are NOT an investigative body. They are designed to be an administrative body that must, upon request, investigate REPORTS of wrongdoing by its members. They are not designed to run off on claims made in the media or anywhere else. If someone makes a REPORT to them and they don't follow up, then shame be on them and heads should roll. But expecting anything else is just simply unreasonable. Anybody can "make" a claim. Anybody can file a suit. Somebody file a report and then expect action by the KHSAA. Simple.

 

I get what you are saying.

 

But I thought part of this situation is that this ex coach requested a report be filed to the KHSAA and it was dropped by others in the administration of the school system. If my perception is wrong I'm sorry.

 

If he tried to have it handled by the KHSAA and it was never sent on to them, isn't that enough to warrant a look by the administrative body (i.e. the KHSAA)?

I get what you are saying.

 

But I thought part of this situation is that this ex coach requested a report be filed to the KHSAA and it was dropped by others in the administration of the school system. If my perception is wrong I'm sorry.

 

If he tried to have it handled by the KHSAA and it was never sent on to them, isn't that enough to warrant a look by the administrative body (i.e. the KHSAA)?

 

No it is not. A report doesn't need to be made by school administration. Clearly they would have reason to not file such a report given their potential culpability in the allegations. He himself can file such a complaint. Again, no official report or complaint from anyone, no investigation. I don't know specifics in this particular incident, only what I read, so I can only speculate. However the KHSAA response suggests no one has made anything official as yet. I would hope that he will indeed follow through and make this official. I for one would be very interested in seeing what came of it.

Complaint will be filed by someone in the coming days, if it hasn’t already.

 

If KHSAA does nothing at all in this case......time to disband it and start over.

Suit has been pushed back.....got a feeling this is getting swept under the rug

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.