Highlands 42 Beechwood 39

This is a shocking score to me. I knew Barth was important to Highlands but didn't know she was this important. This Beechwood team has lost to Holy Cross by 72, Ludlow by 31, Boone(8-21) by 48, Newport by 39, Notre Dame(7-21) by 27, Brossart by 35, NCC by 38 to name a few. You just take Barth out and they play Highlands within 3? And I believe it was said at one point late in year highlands jv was undefeated so even if they played their jv I would expect a 20 pt win. Box score shows the normal scorers for highlands. Guess that is just girls basketball. I think if I'm Highlands I would wrap Barth in bubble wrap to make sure she is healthy for region.

Are you kidding me? Did Highlands press for a good portion of the game? How many kids on Highlands team played in the first half? or better yet for the game? Let me know answers to those questions and then I will be able to make a better statement to counter yours.

I don't know who the regular players are for Highlands. I can't answer those questions. It was a one point game at halftime. I am sure the Highlands coach felt she had to play her best available players in the second half to make sure of the win. Highlands did not press the whole game. They pressed in the second half and that is how they got the lead to double digits. Then Beechwood beat the press for layups and Highlands stopped pressing. Beechwood hit some big 3 pointers down the stretch and Highlands missed a couple free throws that gave Beechwood a chance to win. I believe Highlands played their best players available and did what they could to win the game. The Beechwood girls deserve credit for playing their best game of the year to make this final score.

I can put this ridiculous thread to bed for you..... Barth did not dress for this game, starters played sparingly (and not particularly well) and never pressed, JV played almost entire second half and only pressed for a portion of game(when it got to 12 pts) Beechwood hit a couple of 3s late..... it was exciting for them to get it close etc etc. It's called not getting anyone hurt in an insignificant game immediately before Districts.

Come on people, find another topic, no story here......

I don't know who the regular players are for Highlands. I can't answer those questions. It was a one point game at halftime. I am sure the Highlands coach felt she had to play her best available players in the second half to make sure of the win. Highlands did not press the whole game. They pressed in the second half and that is how they got the lead to double digits. Then Beechwood beat the press for layups and Highlands stopped pressing. Beechwood hit some big 3 pointers down the stretch and Highlands missed a couple free throws that gave Beechwood a chance to win. I believe Highlands played their best players available and did what they could to win the game. The Beechwood girls deserve credit for playing their best game of the year to make this final score.

Did not say they did not deserve credit. Trashing highlands team however was over the top when I knew that the coach was not looking to embarrass someone