Bluegrasspreps.com 2018 - Inside the 8th Region 2-5-18

The night south beat SK Steiner was out with the flu. A number of SK players have dealt with illness. Every team is dealing with injuries and illness. Some nights you can overcome it and other nights you don't. Owen should have beaten North Oldham last night. Some nights you are just not good.

I can't get over Simon Kenton losing to South Oldham with three of their starters missing. I just don't see how that could happen if your a legit contender. Then they just lost to Oldham. Oldham didn't have their best player. I've not seen for myself, but hear the coaching isn't great at Simon Kenton.

Collins just lost at home to Oldham, who were without the services of Gibson. By your logic that should move the Titans from contenders to pretenders.

Collins just lost at home to Oldham, who were without the services of Gibson. By your logic that should move the Titans from contenders to pretenders.

Maybe you misunderstood my logic. One game is understandable, but two recent games they have played against top teams without their best players have resulted in losses. Collins has played one of the toughest schedules I have seen. I would say they are probably worn down. Not a Collins fan just the facts. Actually the loss to South Oldham minus three starters is the biggest red flag on SK. Still hard to fathom.

One thing is for sure, tournament time in the Bluegrass will again be exciting and insane. Not only the depth and competitiveness in the 8th Region, but just look at some of the others as well. The 11th Region is crazy with Scott Co, Lafayette, Bryan Station, Catholic, Christian, and Madison Central all in the top 13. If you love basketball, you are in for a great month coming up.

If I am not mistaken hasn't Bowen been out for Gallatin the last couple of weeks? He could be a difference maker come district and regional time.

You are not mistaken. One of their starters. Sounds like a number of teams in the 8th are dealing with injuries. Or maybe just a precaution to recover before the big games in a few weeks.