30/30 on Parcells and Belichick

dpeevh

After watching 1st 45 minutes of this show, I understand why these two were so good but especially why Belichick is in a class by himself. He’s a defensive genius and Parcells taught him how to be a head coach and how to push players, not be friends.

Belichick came out in three different types of D in 1990 playoffs. Obviously you have to have incredibly smart players to do this but who else would have the gumption to try it and what other head coach would let him try it.

Sorry Cleveland. What could have been. Maybe he needed to learn from being fired but another year or two and who knows.

Unfortunately I had to walk away from tv unexpectedly after I posted. The part I was reallly looking forward to was when Belichick spurns Jets job. I can imagine those moments of interview were uncomfortable to say least. The first part of interview from Giants days looked like Belichick still looking for approval from the teacher and teacher giving it begrudgingly. Parcells rarely looked at BB. Parcells admited how good he was but didn’t look over much

My favorite moment was when Parcells(coaching the Cowboys) was looking back and saw Belichick standing with Ernie Adams. Ernie is the hidden genius behind Belichick, they go back to prep school days, and is in the booth with a direct line to Bill. Very interesting guy who is mostly unknown.