Highlands 53 Campbell County 52

While I know Coach Menefee can be fiery at times, I doubt he harbors any ill will towards his Alma Mater. In fact, I know he doesn't and he while he is a competitor for sure he still bleeds Blue and White. Just NOT when is playing them. He gives everything he has to beat the opponent in front of him, as every Coach should. In fact, if I had to bet a large sum of money I would say his kids will be proud Bluebirds shortly. Just my 2 cents for what that's worth as someone that knows Coach well.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coaches shouldn’t act like little children though. Sticking your tongue out at the opposing coach? Coaches need to set the example of what sportsmanship looks like to their players and be held to that higher standard.

I have it on good authority that Coach did not "stick his tongue out" at anyone. He opened his mouth in excitement, much like Jordan with a dunk. He turned around and that was it. To make something out of a coach being excited is what is childish.

LOL Apologies Rap -- my post was in response to the one prior from uplaylikeupractice.

Apologies also for possibly hurting your feelings re an extremely wayward thought (or left turn?) that CC may not be #1 team in the state at the moment.

Are you lost again Valhalla? When did I say Campbell was #1 in state? My only post in this thread was why I think they are in some trouble as this season heads to postseason. Where did I tout them as 1? So your attempted shot missed by a mile. Mercer is obviously number 1 without any question from anyone. This thread is about highlands and Campbell game not the girls LIT , I thought you posted in wrong spot.

I have it on good authority that Coach did not "stick his tongue out" at anyone. He opened his mouth in excitement, much like Jordan with a dunk. He turned around and that was it. To make something out of a coach being excited is what is childish.

I have it on good authority that he did indeed do it, but believe what you will. I’m only stating that if he did, it’s childish and he should set a better example for his players. Maybe the video will surface and we will all know for sure one way or the other.

LOL The post is in the correct position relative to the response to uplaylikeupractice.

Perhaps you should be directing your vitriol toward uplaylikeupractice? Perhaps maybe YOU are lost? My shot missed by missed by a mile? LOL Could it be that a poster touched a nerve? Hmmm. Agreed your post did not state specifically CC was #1 ... but it does align with the Shakespearean thought ... "Methinks thou protests too much." Think about it.

Tongues flap out all the time I know mine does lol. What is really a bad example is Walz Richie begging and politicking coach's not to vote for that girl who broke her scoring record. Tweeting congratulations to her then asking coach's not to vote for her the next day

Tongues flap out all the time I know mine does lol. What is really a bad example is Walz Richie begging and politicking coach's not to vote for that girl who broke her scoring record. Tweeting congratulations to her then asking coach's not to vote for her the next day

Wow you have made that up!! You won't find better coaches/people in this business than Bert & Jaime Richey. I see you are new to BGP perhaps you are also new to girls basketball. Jaime begging and politicking for a No vote for a kid just simply did not happen. Since you brought it up let's also be clear while Whitney Creech was/is a great player Jenkins wasen't exactly in the 9th region.

Yep it did double D's I could not make that up. And Walz is lucky she didn't play Donna Murphy she wouldn't score those games.

Well had she played Donna Murphy that would have only been a game or 2 not sure that would have changed things a whole lot. I certainly don't want to turn this in to a bash Whitney Creech thread but no way she scores that many in the 9th or any other real region. Also no way Jaime Richey tried to get other coaches to not vote for a kid. You have some wrong info from someone.

I don't know Coach Richey personally but IMO there is no way what's being said here about her is true. She comes from a great family. I just don't see it happening. Additionally, I love Coach Menefee's passion that he displays during games. Haters gonna hate I guess.