Will Cooper and Conner voluntarily request to play up into 6A again?

theguru

If you are a parent of a football player thinking about sending your son to Cooper or Conner this is a question you better be asking Coach Borchers from Cooper and Coach Trosper from Conner.

If the answer is No we are not going to voluntarily move up into 6A again, we are going to play in 5A where we belong next time around, fantastic!

If the answer is anything else but we are definitely playing in 5A, then I strongly suggest you find another school for your son that is serious about winning state championships in football.

Remember, any team that voluntarily moves up into 6A to compete with teams like Trinity, St. Xavier, and Male is giving up on winning a state championship.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could swear there was someone who said that Cooper would be 6A level enrollment by the time the next reclassification took place. I’m going to guess they didn’t make it.

There were all kinds of excuses being passed around for the stupid decision to play up last time and that was one of them.

• 2 weeks later...

Someone just told me that Cooper, Conner, and Boone County are all going to request to play up into 6A again.

I have NO IDEA if that is true or not but if it is true get your kid out of the Boone County School System if football is important to you.

Someone just told me that Cooper, Conner, and Boone County are all going to request to play up into 6A again.

I have NO IDEA if that is true or not but if it is true get your kid out of the Boone County School System if football is important to you.

I told you.

Is the thought here they'd rather play in a district with each other (and perhaps Campbell and Simon Kenton) instead of against Covington Catholic?

If this does indeed play out, then Marshall County, Muhlenberg County, and Louisville Southern would all have the opportunity to drop down to 5A. I'd imagine Southern would go down, but I'm not sold Marshall and/or Muhlenberg would be interested in competing against the likes of Christian County, Owensboro, Bowling Green, and South Warren in district and region play.

Is the thought here they'd rather play in a district with each other (and perhaps Campbell and Simon Kenton) instead of against Covington Catholic?

If that's the case it's a little early to be dodging Cov Cath. They've had one monster year. And why dodge Cov Cath to possibly play against the real big boys? I just don't understand the logic of playing up. Even if it was to avoid Cov Cath, what are the other benefits. Especially for Boone County, who's really been struggling the last several years.