NBA Season is at the Mid-Point

I have a theory about the Cavs and their struggles.....They've got an older roster. They're aiming at the 4 seed. That way they can face the Celtics earlier and be fresher. Then if they win, they can just coast through the ECF against whoever it is and try to rest up and have the legs to deal with Golden State.

Now that's reading between the lines. Makes enough sense for me.

I have a theory about the Cavs and their struggles.....They've got an older roster. They're aiming at the 4 seed. That way they can face the Celtics earlier and be fresher. Then if they win, they can just coast through the ECF against whoever it is and try to rest up and have the legs to deal with Golden State.

Who knows how it will unfold, but the Cavs are a hot mess... especially on defense. 118 ppg since Thomas joined the team. Their two lowest defensive outputs came against Boston and Indiana, giving up 97 and 102 points, respectively... Thomas didn't play those two games. I am still betting on them making it, but doing it as a 4 or 5 seed may be the way they are going to have to do it.

My theory is they are crossing their fingers something happens to Golden State and Houston makes it to the Finals. We know from there CP3 and Harden will fold.

From Wojo:

The Cleveland Cavaliers held an emotional team meeting prior to Monday’s practice, where several players challenged the legitimacy of Kevin Love leaving OKC loss on Saturday ill and missing Sunday’s practice, league sources tell ESPN.

What a train wreck. Is this the start of the scheme to dump Love?

Timberwolves hit 31 wins last night. Why is this significant?

- It matches last years win total

- Second win in a row without Butler and Crawford who are nursing injuries

- It forces Thibs to give minutes to reserves

- These west coast swings get me. Staying up passed midnight to catch games is brutal

Edited by bugatti

So how you feeling about your team(s) and season?

My TWolves are starting to take form. Jimmy "Buckets" Butler is easily their best player. KAT's production scoring wise has dropped some, but over the past 2-3 weeks he has made strides defensively. Butler and Taj's presence have been invaluable. I hate how many minutes Thibs plays the starters, but I am not sure what the alternative is. Jamal Crawford is their best bench contributor, with Dieng generally giving solid minutes. Tyus Jones has started to grow on me.

Oh yeah, and last night they obliterated the Cavs who are absolutely putrid on defense. Minnesota was up 41 points at one time.

Thibs HAS to rein it in or the Wolves will lose in the first round. They were rolling over the Hawks the other night only to lose the lead late and lost the game. They shouldn’t be losing to the Hawks at all and they have squandered away too many games late in the 4th.

Should be a good one tonight between them and Milwaukee.

Thibs HAS to rein it in or the Wolves will lose in the first round. They were rolling over the Hawks the other night only to lose the lead late and lost the game. They shouldn’t be losing to the Hawks at all and they have squandered away too many games late in the 4th.

Should be a good one tonight between them and Milwaukee.

Minnesota is horrendous on defense. They'd turned a corner about a month ago and went a couple weeks straight without giving up 100 points. No surprise that is when they moved up in the standings. Butler got hurt and it went back to how it was, trading baskets with every team they play. The Wolves can put the ball in the bucket, but they have only one person on the team you would consider a three point shooter (Beli) and he is not that good. Also, Towns got into a groove on offense, but now is barely involved. He is averaging five points less than he did last year, but of late it has gotten worse, whereas the past two seasons around the midway point he got it rolling. He barely shoots and is still learning how to play off Butler. Too many times Towns gets in bad places on the court, screwing up spacing.

Minnesota is horrendous on defense. They'd turned a corner about a month ago and went a couple weeks straight without giving up 100 points. No surprise that is when they moved up in the standings. Butler got hurt and it went back to how it was, trading baskets with every team they play. The Wolves can put the ball in the bucket, but they have only one person on the team you would consider a three point shooter (Beli) and he is not that good. Also, Towns got into a groove on offense, but now is barely involved. He is averaging five points less than he did last year, but of late it has gotten worse, whereas the past two seasons around the midway point he got it rolling. He barely shoots and is still learning how to play off Butler. Too many times Towns gets in bad places on the court, screwing up spacing.

I was amazed that he didn’t take over when Butler was out. Andrew Wiggins becoming the lead guy while Butler was out wasn’t something I expected. Seems getting adjusted to Jimmy is taking longer than I thought it would. They need to try to make some moves before the deadline to shore up that bench. They won’t make it playing 40 minutes a game.

How about my boy Tyus Jones getting better every year?

I was amazed that he didn’t take over when Butler was out. Andrew Wiggins becoming the lead guy while Butler was out wasn’t something I expected. Seems getting adjusted to Jimmy is taking longer than I thought it would. They need to try to make some moves before the deadline to shore up that bench. They won’t make it playing 40 minutes a game.

How about my boy Tyus Jones getting better every year?

Nobody hates anything as much as Thibs hates using a bench :lol2: Past few weeks with the injuries it forced him to go deeper so it’s gotten better.

I can’t tell you how much Tyus has grown on me. I’d start him over Jeff Teague, that dude is garbage. He single handily let Atlanta win the other night. Forgot he no longer played for the Hawks.