Kentucky Elk Drawing

woodsrider

Yes.

Also, the Department of Fish & Wildlife Resources hosts an event at Jenny Wiley State Park each year where they invite all if the tag awardees and registered elk guides in order to help get hunters in contact with guides.

I’d probably end up kicking myself, but if I were to draw a cow tag, I’d probably take a crack at it by myself.

If I were to draw a bull tag, I’d get a guide no doubt.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’d probably end up kicking myself, but if I were to draw a cow tag, I’d probably take a crack at it by myself.

If I were to draw a bull tag, I’d get a guide no doubt.

I drew a cow tag a few years back for the second week of cow hunting. Didn't get one, but still had the hunting trip of my life. 10 out of 10 that I'd do it over again.

Here's what I got......

Not Selected for Elk Quota

We are sorry, but you were not selected for the Elk Quota hunt this season. Although you were not drawn this year, we appreciate your participation, which helps to fund the Kentucky Elk Management and Research Program. This funding helps to ensure a quality elk herd that provides hunting and recreational opportunities related to elk in Kentucky. Please re-apply for next year’s Elk Quota Hunt Drawing. Until then, we wish you the very best with your outdoor pursuits!

There were 7 from Alexandria drawn. 5 cow archery, 1 cow fire arm, and 1 bull fire arm. So my little town is well represented.............Hunters from, Washington State, Utah, Texas, Florida, Mississippi, Tennessee, West Virginia, Virginia, Maryland, Ohio, Illinois, Indiana, New York, Alabama, Wisconsin, Missouri, North Carolina, South Carolina, Louisiana, and Pennsylvania had tags drawn.

Edited by dd734

There were 7 from Alexandria drawn. 5 cow archery, 1 cow fire arm, and 1 bull fire arm. So my little town is well represented.............Hunters from, Washington State, Utah, Texas, Florida, Mississippi, Tennessee, West Virginia, Virginia, Maryland, Ohio, Illinois, Indiana, New York, Alabama, Wisconsin, Missouri, North Carolina, South Carolina, Louisiana, and Pennsylvania had tags drawn.

Happy for the 7 locals. But not happy more not drawn when there are so many from out of state.