Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

#4 Collins vs. #5 Franklin-Simpson (4A State Semifinals)

Who wins? 46 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Collins
      41%
    • Franklin-Simpson
      58%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Collins passing game will present a challenge for FS. Hopkinsville was successful passing early last night until FS made some defensive adjustments. FS line took over as the game progressed. FS running game seems to be even better than last year. I think Collins has some big linemen that FS will have to deal with.

 

Seems to be two evenly matched teams who score a lot in different ways. The team whose defense gets the most stops and makes the least mistakes will win. I will take FS at home by a touchdown.

Maybe it’s the uniforms or something but the OL and DL for Collins look HUGE.

 

And their QB looks like he would be impossible to corner in a phone booth.

 

For those who don’t know....a phone booth is/was quite small.

Game time is 6:30 Central

Purple 88 - macdon — How do you guys see this game going? What are the strengths that each team will have to try and take away in order to win? I’ve seen FS play a few times this year and I know they will run, what about Collins?

This should be a fantastic game to watch. Two totally different styles. Two great teams. Two great coaching staffs. Should be a fun one Friday night. Collins 38-31

Collins has been running more than throwing but they do come at you in a variety of ways.

I have been more impressed with their D.

Might add that they have a great kicking game.

 

So tell me, does FS still have the chain gang with 2-way radios on the sidelines barking instructions to their players?

Collins has been running more than throwing but they do come at you in a variety of ways.

I have been more impressed with their D.

Might add that they have a great kicking game.

 

So tell me, does FS still have the chain gang with 2-way radios on the sidelines barking instructions to their players?

 

I think they are using at least four way radios. Maybe five or six....

 

Have no idea what you’re talking about.

I think they are using at least four way radios. Maybe five or six....

 

Have no idea what you’re talking about.

 

LOL, just messing with you all.

Last time down, Collins close defeat, a member of your chain gang had a radio on his hip cause he did something with the school. I think he also had a son playing in the secondary. He would walk up and down the Collins sideline and then yell instructions to his son. I will say that he was smart enough not to yell from the box and he had no clue what play Collins was going to run. He took a lot of abuse and gave it back to the Collins faithful who stood behind the fence.

 

Should be a great night of football.

Do you know what time KO will be? 7:30 CST or will they bump it up some?

LOL, just messing with you all.

Last time down, Collins close defeat, a member of your chain gang had a radio on his hip cause he did something with the school. I think he also had a son playing in the secondary. He would walk up and down the Collins sideline and then yell instructions to his son. I will say that he was smart enough not to yell from the box and he had no clue what play Collins was going to run. He took a lot of abuse and gave it back to the Collins faithful who stood behind the fence.

 

Should be a great night of football.

Do you know what time KO will be? 7:30 CST or will they bump it up some?

 

I think I know who you’re talking about. His input would have been iffy beyond “play hard”, “hustle” etc.

 

The more I watch Collins the closer I get to thinking they are the best we have seen this year.

I don't think Collins has come close to playing their best in the playoffs yet. They've struggled at times throwing and catching the ball, but their run game has been good enough that they haven't needed to throw it a ton. Defense has been solid all year against the run and they'll need to contiune that for sure against Franklin-Simpson. Like Tommy mentioned, their kicking game is a big plus for them as well. This is obviously their toughest test in the playoffs by far, so hopefully they get a few things cleaned up from the past couple of weeks and take their A game down to Franklin. Here's hoping for a better result than last time, and hopefully with a little less controversy.

What was the controversy?

Purple 88 - macdon — How do you guys see this game going? What are the strengths that each team will have to try and take away in order to win? I’ve seen FS play a few times this year and I know they will run, what about Collins?

Fast,

 

If you will recall in my Week 10 WKY Power Rankings, I had Franklin Simpson meeting Collins in this round and guessed they'd win by a field goal. Now that we are here; that's the kind of game I'd expect. CALPreps has it Collins 28 - FS 27 on a neutral site.

 

For Collins, I saw them win the Central Hardin 7v7 months ago and knew they they would have a special year. Their QB is SR JR Lucas (Coaches Son) and he is tough as nails and likely one of the most undervalued QBs in the State. He has rushed for over 1,200 yards and 14 TDs. He has passed for over 2,000 yards and 26 TDs (minus 11 INTs). They have a SR RB with over 700 yards on the season and a FR RB with almost 600 yards on the season. They have 4 guys with at least 300 yards receiving on the year. They are well balanced on offense and usually never beat themselves. Their D is anchored by SR LB Nick Eades with over 169 tackles on the year. they have lost twice (once at 6A Ballard by 6 pts and at home vs the Boyle Co wrecking crew). Tough squad here.

 

For Franklin Simpson, they have really come on from losing their opener to Etown, then to a good South Warren club and finally a scrum with Meade County. They have over 4,000 yards on the ground and less than 1,000 through the air on the year. But the Wildcat D has only given up roughly 1,300 yards on the year. The 3-headed monster of Saul Brady, Tre Bass and Carlos McKinney are as good as any 3 RB-trio in the State. Their OLine has really come on as well. On defense, the trio of Cade Harvey (leads the team in tackles with 123), Dion Pearson, and James Baker are playing very well right now and will need to be on Friday night.

 

These teams have 2 of the better coaches in the State that don't get the spotlight they deserve IMO.

 

Concerning the game, if turnovers are a normal number then this game will go down to the last possession IMO with a play here or there determining it. For Collins, as long as your QB has an opportunity, you are very dangerous. For Franklin Simpson, you can not come out of the gate against Collins like you did against Hoptown and expect to win because you won't if that's the case (Franklin was down 20-0 and fought back to win last weeks game).

 

I am going with Franklin Simpson 27-24 because they are at home. But this game could easily go the other way. If I were staying in BG for Thanksgiving I would come to this game. Best of luck Wildcats - I'll be pulling for you!

I think the running game of Franklin-Simpson will be the difference in this game. How are both teams on the injury front?

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.