Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

#TBT 20 Years Ago Today: The Mud Bowl

Featured Replies

The Mud Bowl. Cov Cath came back to upset Highlands 41-35 in double-overtime in the quarterfinals. I remember at the time, we were told the game was the longest game in KHSAA playoff history in terms of duration on the actual clock.

 

Most of the field and sidelines had between 3" and 4" of very sloppy mud on them by the end of the game.

 

Halftime in the Covington Catholic locker room was something I won't forget for the rest of my life. Absolutely electrifying experience.

 

True story: My entire mom's side of the family was trying to plan a trip out of town for Thanksgiving that year. I remember when my dad agreed for our family to join, he said, "Well, I guess we can probably assume you won't have football practice to worry about with." I ended up staying home by myself for the weekend so I could make Thanksgiving Day practice and the Bell County semifinal game. I still remember smiling as I ate a bologna sandwich for my Thanksgiving dinner.

 

Nice write up by Fort Thomas Matters:

FORT THOMAS MATTERS: WATCH: Throwback Thursday Highlands vs. Cov Cath: "The Mud Bowl"

Edited by Colonels_Wear_Blue

  • Replies 38
  • Views 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Author

This hit by Cov Cath safety Ryan Pfeiffer (not Timmy Woolf, as was stated by the TV announcer) was a game-changing moment for the Colonels.

 

They couldn't even buy you a Hungry Jack Frozen Turkey dinner?

  • Author
They couldn't even buy you a Hungry Jack Frozen Turkey dinner?

 

:lol2: :lol2: ...nope.

 

I've had several people ask me that same thing over the years, but both of my parents will verify - they only left me packaged deli meat.

A Classic!

They couldn't even buy you a Hungry Jack Frozen Turkey dinner?

 

Now that's too funny.

:lol2: :lol2: ...nope.

 

I've had several people ask me that same thing over the years, but both of my parents will verify - they only left me packaged deli meat.

 

More surprising that no one else invited you over for Thanksgiving!! Lol

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.