#1 Belfry at #4 Central (3A Quarterfinals)

Watusi

Who wins?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

"Central rolls. I don't even know why they are playing the game."

- Watusi

Come on, LOL. Belfry should still show up and at least try. :D

I tried to tell you Belfry would be vulnerable to a mobile QB who can scramble. Brents was a load to try and contain, Waggener just didn't have the defense to stop Belfry.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Long way from Pond Creek. Central is a very unique place to play. That cold wind that comes off the river is something else.

I thought the Pirates were going to have problems anyway, but without Wellman they are in trouble.

Jackets by 7 at home.

Watusi,

Your thoughts as usual are right on target! Central tough to beat at home and don't know the status of Wellman! Hensley doing a great job I am totally impressed picking up the slack on offense and defense but more of a tail back than a full back! So far as D-Line coaching staff doing a great job of adjusting, BUT, Belfry eventually gonna get too far behind to get back into game! I don't think anybody gonna hold Belfry to 14, 26 or 28 points! He is already being watched and will be watched like a newborn baby! Wellman wants to play but Coach Haywood will NOT let him play unless he is cleared by doctors then gotta travel to a place in Louisville where they have just lost TWO playoff games BUT I think with or without Wellman Belfry can get it done and I agree with your statement saying Belfry is gonna have to out score their opponents! Really gonna be interesting to see! Haven't scored less than 34 points against 34 points against Huntington, Cabell Midlands and Johnson Central! You have all of the records so what do you think?

Have a good one Tusi,

Walk The Plank

6 Class format; Belfry and Central's playoff records by venue.

Central

Home: 31-2

Road: 6-1

Neutral: 5-2 (State Championship) (4-2 against Belfry)

Belfry

Home: 32-2

Road: 6-0

Neutral: 4-4 (State Champioinship) (2-4 against Central)

Belfry's last road playoff loss: 2005 at Russell

Central's last home playoff loss: 2015 to Lexington Catholic

Edited by bugatti

Re-watching the Waggener game and was very impressed with Hensley.

We all know he is a completely different back than Wellman at the Fullback spot... but his physical running was a welcome surprise. His long TD run he just dominated a Wildcat defender in the hole.

Once Hensley gets a step he is off to the races as well. Coach Mickey has said it before, but he really is a third Halfback playing Fullback.

I still think it will take the National Guard to keep Wellman off the field Friday as well. I anticipate both way play but Hensley will definitely see more snaps.

The other thing I saw watching the game from Friday is Taveon is just simply a beast.

If Belfry wins, I know they will host Corbin(assuming the Hounds win, of course). If Central wins, will they host Corbin or will they have to travel to Corbin? I was thinking that Central would host but I heard the opposite, that it would be Central @ Corbin.

Region III hosts Region IV. Whoever wins the Belfry/Central game will host the Corbin/Powell County winner on Thanksgiving Friday.