Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

#1 Belfry at #4 Central (3A Quarterfinals)

Who wins? 70 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

  • Author
"Central rolls. I don't even know why they are playing the game."

 

- Watusi

Come on, LOL. Belfry should still show up and at least try. :D

 

I tried to tell you Belfry would be vulnerable to a mobile QB who can scramble. Brents was a load to try and contain, Waggener just didn't have the defense to stop Belfry.

  • Replies 50
  • Views 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Long way from Pond Creek. Central is a very unique place to play. That cold wind that comes off the river is something else.

 

I thought the Pirates were going to have problems anyway, but without Wellman they are in trouble.

 

Jackets by 7 at home.

I think 20 points might win this game. Cant see either of these defenses giving up 40.

If T didn't play SK I would be at this one

Should be a dandy. Central is a tough place to get a win.

I think Belfry probably wins by 14 to 17 points, Central is one of the toughest places in the state to get a win, but I just don't think Central has enough offense to beat Belfry.

That's an understatement.

 

Since the change to 6 classes in 2007, Central has only lost 2 playoff games at home. To Wayne Co in 2013 and to Lexington Catholic in 2015.

 

theyve only lost one playoff game on the road...

Watusi,

 

Your thoughts as usual are right on target! Central tough to beat at home and don't know the status of Wellman! Hensley doing a great job I am totally impressed picking up the slack on offense and defense but more of a tail back than a full back! So far as D-Line coaching staff doing a great job of adjusting, BUT, Belfry eventually gonna get too far behind to get back into game! I don't think anybody gonna hold Belfry to 14, 26 or 28 points! He is already being watched and will be watched like a newborn baby! Wellman wants to play but Coach Haywood will NOT let him play unless he is cleared by doctors then gotta travel to a place in Louisville where they have just lost TWO playoff games BUT I think with or without Wellman Belfry can get it done and I agree with your statement saying Belfry is gonna have to out score their opponents! Really gonna be interesting to see! Haven't scored less than 34 points against 34 points against Huntington, Cabell Midlands and Johnson Central! You have all of the records so what do you think?

 

Have a good one Tusi,

Walk The Plank

Central is one of the best atmospheres I've been around to watch a high school football game, but parking is a bit of a nightmare. Safe travels to the Belfry faithful.

  • Author
theyve only lost one playoff game on the road...

3 if you count the 2 state championship game losses to us :D.

 

Only one true true road loss though, you are right.

  • Author

6 Class format; Belfry and Central's playoff records by venue.

 

Central

Home: 31-2

Road: 6-1

Neutral: 5-2 (State Championship) (4-2 against Belfry)

 

Belfry

Home: 32-2

Road: 6-0

Neutral: 4-4 (State Champioinship) (2-4 against Central)

 

Belfry's last road playoff loss: 2005 at Russell

Central's last home playoff loss: 2015 to Lexington Catholic

Edited by bugatti

Re-watching the Waggener game and was very impressed with Hensley.

 

We all know he is a completely different back than Wellman at the Fullback spot... but his physical running was a welcome surprise. His long TD run he just dominated a Wildcat defender in the hole.

 

Once Hensley gets a step he is off to the races as well. Coach Mickey has said it before, but he really is a third Halfback playing Fullback.

 

I still think it will take the National Guard to keep Wellman off the field Friday as well. I anticipate both way play but Hensley will definitely see more snaps.

 

 

 

The other thing I saw watching the game from Friday is Taveon is just simply a beast.

  • Author

Coach Mickey's best line of the night was his description of Wellman as "a D9 in a helmet" :lol2:

If Belfry wins, I know they will host Corbin(assuming the Hounds win, of course). If Central wins, will they host Corbin or will they have to travel to Corbin? I was thinking that Central would host but I heard the opposite, that it would be Central @ Corbin.

If Belfry wins, I know they will host Corbin(assuming the Hounds win, of course). If Central wins, will they host Corbin or will they have to travel to Corbin? I was thinking that Central would host but I heard the opposite, that it would be Central @ Corbin.

 

Region III hosts Region IV. Whoever wins the Belfry/Central game will host the Corbin/Powell County winner on Thanksgiving Friday.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.