Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mayfield vs Murray

Featured Replies

Who comes out on top of this bitter rivalry?

 

The Murray team I saw Friday night had no passing game at all. They have a good back who is young but they don't have the line to help him out.

 

I will take Mayfield by 3 or more touchdowns

  • Replies 31
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who comes out on top of this bitter rivalry?

 

The Murray team I saw Friday night had no passing game at all. They have a good back who is young but they don't have the line to help him out.

 

I will take Mayfield by 3 or more touchdowns

Unless Murray makes some kind of miracle turn-around, I can't imagine that this will be a contest. I guess if the Cards play horrible and give up a bunch of turnovers, Murray could keep it within 3 td's. Otherwise, I say Mayfield wins by 5 td's.

I'd say the Cardinals will probably beat Murray as badly as they beat Fulton County. This is the biggest Mayfield-Murray mismatch in many, many years.

Mayfield will have to try and not score 70-points...but I think that they get close...Cards in a landslide

Who comes out on top of this bitter rivalry?

 

The Murray team I saw Friday night had no passing game at all. They have a good back who is young but they don't have the line to help him out.

 

I will take Mayfield by 3 or more touchdowns

 

 

As bad as Murray is...is the score of them and Fulton City a better indication of just how good the Bulldogs are this year after playing a schedule that would make Dick Vitale hollering Cupcake city each and every week

You don't have to be Nostradamas to know the answer to this one. Mayfield by as many as they want. And that probably goes for the next four games after this one, too, assuming no key injuries.

Yeah, Murray is down for sure, I am glad we aren't playing at the newly rededicated Ty Holland stadium (or whatever they are calling it) on a Friday the 13th!! Still, the game is on a Friday the 13th, lol. But yeah, I look to the Fulton City/Murray game and I ask questions about Fulton City, or does that speak well for Murray's defense? I would have thought that Fulton City could have scored double that many points based on how many points they have been scoring against other teams. This will probably be the last matchup of these two teams for many many years with the new alignment putting Murray in 2A next year.

Yeah, Murray is down for sure, I am glad we aren't playing at the newly rededicated Ty Holland stadium (or whatever they are calling it) on a Friday the 13th!! Still, the game is on a Friday the 13th, lol. But yeah, I look to the Fulton City/Murray game and I ask questions about Fulton City, or does that speak well for Murray's defense? I would have thought that Fulton City could have scored double that many points based on how many points they have been scoring against other teams. This will probably be the last matchup of these two teams for many many years with the new alignment putting Murray in 2A next year.

 

 

From all indications...this will probably be the last year that we play Murray for awhile...but looks like we will see them in the first round of the playoffs back here at War Memorial if the Cards take care of business the next three weeks....man...it is hard to believe that playoff time is right around the corner

If this were a boxing match, it could likely be a TKO in the first round. Anything less than a running clock by early second half will be a surprise. Clock man goes home early, my prediction.

I agree Colonel Angus...Mayfield will be read to play Friday night...I say Mayfield scores when they want and holds Murray under 150 yds total offense!

 

Mayfield-59

Murray-6

 

I don't like Mayfield playing them on Friday the 13th!!!

I agree Colonel Angus...Mayfield will be read to play Friday night...I say Mayfield scores when they want and holds Murray under 150 yds total offense!

 

Mayfield-59

Murray-6

 

I don't like Mayfield playing them on Friday the 13th!!!

 

 

Sad thing is that we are going to have to turn around and play them in three weeks in the first round of the playoffs...

Sad thing is that we are going to have to turn around and play them in three weeks in the first round of the playoffs...
Very possible, but I believe the 3 spot is still up for grabs.

Mayfield also has the original starting running back coming back in this game, Andy Trevarthen. I look for him to really show out in this game!! Should be a very confusing offense for the Tigers.

Mayfield's backs are gonna be tough the next few years. From what I am hearing next year they will be led by Jr. Trevarthan, Soph Murrell, and Frosh star Decole Noonan...

Mayfield's backs are gonna be tough the next few years. From what I am hearing next year they will be led by Jr. Trevarthan, Soph Murrell, and Frosh star Decole Noonan...

 

Yeah, it is going to be quite nice. Is the Noonan kid the one from Fulton I have been hearing about? I know he has been getting some publicity in the Mayfield Messenger and I just don't remember any middle school kids getting publicity in the paper as far as I can remember.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.