Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Revisiting Top Ten KY Computer Rankings

Featured Replies

[TABLE=width: 263]

[TR]

[TD]Rank[/TD]

[TD]School[/TD]

[TD] Rating[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]Trinity[/TD]

[TD=align: right]70.8[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]Covington Catholic[/TD]

[TD=align: right]60.5[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]St. Xavier[/TD]

[TD=align: right]55.5[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD]Danville[/TD]

[TD=align: right]47.2[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]5[/TD]

[TD]Boyle County[/TD]

[TD=align: right]46.7[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]6[/TD]

[TD]Scott County[/TD]

[TD=align: right]46.7[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]7[/TD]

[TD]Male[/TD]

[TD=align: right]46.5[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]8[/TD]

[TD]DeSales[/TD]

[TD=align: right]40.7[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]9[/TD]

[TD]Lexington Christian[/TD]

[TD=align: right]40.5[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]10[/TD]

[TD]Ryle[/TD]

[TD=align: right]38.4[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

I would put Scott county at #3

I would put Scott county at #3

 

and I would pick Scott County over Boyle as well.

 

And what computer rankings are these?

Scott County should be 3 but besides that it looks good.

and I would pick Scott County over Boyle as well.

 

And what computer rankings are these?

 

Calpreps

Scott County should be 3 but besides that it looks good.

 

Why are we so sure of that? St. X has wins over Male and Cathedral, both top 500 teams in the nation per Calpreps. What is Scott County's best win? PRP? Douglass? Yes, Scott County has two losses, but X only has one. And a loss to Trinity is better than a loss to LaSalle and Moeller. Beyond that, Danville has a win over Douglass, but also wins over Boyle and LCA which rank higher.

 

Using strictly the numbers, which is what computer rankings do, an argument for Scott County at five is about the best you can make.

Why are we so sure of that? St. X has wins over Male and Cathedral, both top 500 teams in the nation per Calpreps. What is Scott County's best win? PRP? Douglass? Yes, Scott County has two losses, but X only has one. And a loss to Trinity is better than a loss to LaSalle and Moeller. Beyond that, Danville has a win over Douglass, but also wins over Boyle and LCA which rank higher.

 

Using strictly the numbers, which is what computer rankings do, an argument for Scott County at five is about the best you can make.

 

It's simple I base it on that I think they would beat all other teams behind them including st. X. I almost think they could be number 2, because I think that game would be a shootout between them and Covcath.

It's simple I base it on that I think they would beat all other teams behind them including st. X. I almost think they could be number 2, because I think that game would be a shootout between them and Covcath.

 

Which isn't what computer rankings do.

Which isn't what computer rankings do.

 

Which were suppose to give an opinion on the computer rankings right? My opinion is Scott County should be third.

I think Scott Co. should be #4 then Danville and Boyle but I think everything else looks good. That and a dollar will buy you a senior coffee at McDonalds. lol

What hurt Scott Co was the Lafayette game, to a computer it only see's the final score of 31-21. Lafayette has turned out to be a bad win for Scott Co, where as let's say Boyle Co.'s 3pt loss to Danville is better in the computers eyes in some cases then a win.

I believe Ryle would whip DeSales and Lexington Christian. I believe Male and Scott County would handle Danville and Boyle County. Covington Catholic beat Ryle, Cooper, and now play Campbell County. The Colonels feasted on smaller "name" schools from Ohio and Indiana. I am not convinced they would defeat Scott County or the re-energized St. Xavier Tigers.

Bowling Green should be on any top 10 list. That's why computer rankings don't work. They don't take the human aspect into consideration.

I believe Ryle would whip DeSales and Lexington Christian. I believe Male and Scott County would handle Danville and Boyle County. Covington Catholic beat Ryle, Cooper, and now play Campbell County. The Colonels feasted on smaller "name" schools from Ohio and Indiana. I am not convinced they would defeat Scott County or the re-energized St. Xavier Tigers.

 

Maybe, maybe not. But CovCath only lost by 7 last year to Scott County, and the 2017 Colonels are much improved over last year's team.

Bowling Green should be on any top 10 list. That's why computer rankings don't work. They don't take the human aspect into consideration.

 

You’re right. Computers take emotion out of everything.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.