BGP Fantasy Football League 2017 ~ Week Eight

Godot

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember someone asking about this a couple weeks ago, as they had a situation where someone had a QB who was hurt, and one on a bye and asked why they couldn’t pick up a 3rd as they wanted to pick up the injured starters backup. I believe it was said the rule only applied during the draft. I moved Rodgers to IR so even if the 2 QB only rule was in effect, having a 3rd QB on IR should still be ok.

I had a QB that was hurt and picked up his backup. So I have 2 QBS from the same team so only one can start so they only count as 1.

Defensive scoring in this league is INSANE if your defense throws a shut out. You basically win that week if it happens.

They had 3 Defensive TD's that's what made it such a huge number this week. Shutout itself is only worth 20 points, maybe that needs to be looked at in the off season.

They had 3 Defensive TD's that's what made it such a huge number this week. Shutout itself is only worth 20 points, maybe that needs to be looked at in the off season.

I think that is the biggest thing. 20 points base on a shutout plus whatever else happens adds up. Take away the 3 TD's and they still put up 34, which would still be a top 5 player this week. I'll have to remember that as a suggestion next year if I make it.

I think that is the biggest thing. 20 points base on a shutout plus whatever else happens adds up. Take away the 3 TD's and they still put up 34, which would still be a top 5 player this week. I'll have to remember that as a suggestion next year if I make it.

A shutout in the NFL should pay big points. It's so hard to get a shutout. I think we've adjusted it a few times over the years.

A shutout in the NFL should pay big points. It's so hard to get a shutout. I think we've adjusted it a few times over the years.

Should it be the highest scoring situation in the league though?? Seems out of balance, especially since if you give up just one TD the bonus drops from 20 to 3, and if you give up 10 you get zero bonus. In the other league I'm in, the Ravens scored 29 pts....which is still big for a defense, but not crazy. In that league, which is a full point PPR I can only remember a player scoring over 50 a couple of times in 15 years. All that being said, I'll gladly take it this week.

I would be all for IDPs instead of team defense. No issue at all with the score for the shutout. It's all the other flukey stuff that I had about team defense. In my main league we decided to get rid of it a couple years ago. Now play a DL, LB and DB in one

I would be all for IDPs instead of team defense. No issue at all with the score for the shutout. It's all the other flukey stuff that I had about team defense. In my main league we decided to get rid of it a couple years ago. Now play a DL, LB and DB in one

Please no. IDP leagues are horrendous.

Please no. IDP leagues are horrendous.

I've never played in an IDP. I almost believe they would be just as fluky. It's just too hard to predict how any one player or whole defense is going to score from week to week. It's all just so completely random.

There have been some unnaturally high scores for a few Defensive games this season.

I checked and there have been 10 games Defensive scores of 30 points or more this season through last night, last year I think there were only about 4 for the entire season.

There were 4-30 point defensive games just last week which makes it look really skewed.

Edited by Jumper_Dad

There has been talk of adding IDP over the years. I don't think there's been any serious discussion, but it's been thrown around.

Could you imagine the draft? The American Conference would have to start drafting in January to finish a draft if we included IDP.