Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Romo the Analyst

Featured Replies

What are your thoughts on his performance to this point?

 

Personally, he works my nerves. Producers being told which angle they need to replay has to have gotten old by this point in the season, but I assume that's the QB in him. He's fantastic from just before the snap, right up until they get to the replays, then he's the guy at the bar with an opinion on every frame. Something about him just isn't T/SNF-level professionalism, which may be his appeal.

 

His passion for the game, similar to Dickie V, is his redeeming quality which ultimately makes him bearable to me.

About the only thing I haven't liked about Romo is when he is talking into the play. Usually he's reacting to something happening just presnap like "oooooh he's coming off the edge!" He's reacting in those moments like a fan watching, and it probably is disruptive to Nantz getting into this PBP. But that's about it. He's crazy knowledgeable and I have found his insights to be quite accurate.

 

Of course, I was always a huge Romo mark in fantasy, so maybe that's why I love him.

I love his insights and honestly so far. Too many guys are afraid to be wrong and won't tip off what they think is going to to happen but talk it up like they knew exactly what was going to happen, after the play is over. Romo isn't afraid to say up front what he sees and what should be happening on the play before it is snapped.

 

He gives better analysis than any other that I can think of right now.

Edited by Jumper_Dad

I like him a lot. I think he's very informative and gives fresh insights. He's much better earlier on than most of the ex-players who turn to broadcasting.

Romo is the Johnny Miller of color men. Lots of knowledge and not afraid to call someone out. I like him so far.

Romo is the Johnny Miller of color men. Lots of knowledge and not afraid to call someone out. I like him so far.

 

Great analogy.

On his way to being a great analyst. He and Nantz are not on the same wavelength, but that is Romo learning the ropes. Sometimes he gets a little too high level for the casual fan, which he will need to work on. He is different and enjoyable from my vantage.

On his way to being a great analyst. He and Nantz are not on the same wavelength, but that is Romo learning the ropes. Sometimes he gets a little too high level for the casual fan, which he will need to work on. He is different and enjoyable from my vantage.

I love that, I hate the guys that "Dumb" everything down. I don't think regular season there are many casual fans watching the games each week, Superbowl yeah a ton but regular season if you are watching you are invested in most cases.

I like that he sees things developing before the play takes place and isn't afraid too call guys out. He takes it serious without taking himself too seriously, even made a Dumb and Dumber reference during one game.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.