Who is the best QB in Northern Kentucky football history?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quarterback... that is up for debate, but I would say Lorenzen or Guidugli.

I will also say this, had Brandent Englemon been in high school in this day and age he would have been recruited as a QB a lot more. I realized he played Safety on some good teams at Michigan but he would have been a DI QB somewhere if he desired the way offenses are run now.

I played with Lorenzen and Guidugli and I would take Lorenzen over Gino by a hair. The factor to consider is they both had some freak talent around them: Stegman, Smith, Hamblen, Birkley. Some of the others on the list just had regular dudes on their team.

Still Lorenzen his senior year was unstoppable. I remember him taking a QB draw and in the hole was the biggest meanest LB on the other team.... Lorenzen trucked him like a rag doll, ran for a TD and they had to take the LB to the hospital. He could also throw the ball 70+ yards.

Would the best QB in NKY history have to be a multiple year starter at the position? Could a one year starter be in the running? For example, Beau Hodge.

I was going to say Beau. He might not have been the best QB, but he sure was a difference maker. Just think back to the CC Florida game and the state title game. WOW!