Christian County 21 Graves County 14 (OT)

Purple88

Sounds like Graves really thought they got the touchdown in overtime. According to the radio broadcast, things got really out of hand after the game.

Care to expand a little? Ball crossing the plain? Touchdown pass ruled out of bounds? I'm just curious what happened.

4th and goal from the 1 yard line.

Can't remember who ran the ball for Graves.

From what was said on the radio, there were fights amongst opposing coaches and then Graves people going against their own? I just hope it wasn't as bad as it sounded. Bad ending to a great game.

4th and goal from the 1 yard line.

Can't remember who ran the ball for Graves.

From what was said on the radio, there were fights amongst opposing coaches and then Graves people going against their own? I just hope it wasn't as bad as it sounded. Bad ending to a great game.

Graves just being Graves.

I wasn’t impressed with CC offense. QB made some throws across the middle but was inaccurate for the most part. Graves could have easily won the ball game but hard to overcome all the turnovers. I didn’t like graves play calling in OT. The wildcat didn’t work in the 1st half and they went to it again anyway. I’m not sure what caused the ruckus after the game. Possibly CC celebrating in front of Graves sideline

I wasn’t impressed with CC offense. QB made some throws across the middle but was inaccurate for the most part. Graves could have easily won the ball game but hard to overcome all the turnovers. I didn’t like graves play calling in OT. The wildcat didn’t work in the 1st half and they went to it again anyway. I’m not sure what caused the ruckus after the game. Possibly CC celebrating in front of Graves sideline

I was impressed with CC qb, he had great size and a cannon , I wasn't overly impressed with their receivers.

Graves could have won this game, no doubt and I was sorta surprised they came out in the wildcat in overtime and ran it 4 straight plays. Graves qb threw some ducks and wasn't overly accurate. Both teams played hard and I was hoping Graves would pull it out. I left immediately after the game and never saw anything.

Great game overshadowed by some minor stuff afterwards that was blown out of proportion by radio and newspaper people. Imagine that!

Graves is a team that is better than record and we'll coached. With Mathis finally starting to get closer to being himself they will definitely be a tough 3 or 4 seed that you don't want to have in your opening round playoff game.

Christian Co. has to improve offensively and limit turnovers in future. As a whole, team needs to get healthy the next few weeks. Some key pieces banged up already and a few more after last night.

Not Graves... Christian county's players and coaches were - for the most part - classless.

Not Graves? Was it not Graves that came across the 50 during warmups to celebrate and antagonize Christian? Was it not Graves that came all the way across the field before the coin toss to wave their flag in front of the Christian County players? Yes there was a couple of Christian players who returned the favor after the game on Graves sideline, but does not give the coach from Graves the right to curse at kids...take it up with the head coach. Great game the “kids” played hard on both sides and where helping each other up after plays showing good sportsmanship throughout the game. The adults need some work.

Not Graves? Was it not Graves that came across the 50 during warmups to celebrate and antagonize Christian? Was it not Graves that came all the way across the field before the coin toss to wave their flag in front of the Christian County players? Yes there was a couple of Christian players who returned the favor after the game on Graves sideline, but does not give the coach from Graves the right to curse at kids...take it up with the head coach. Great game the “kids” played hard on both sides and where helping each other up after plays showing good sportsmanship throughout the game. The adults need some work.

All I know is what I see. I'm not a coach or a police officer. I'm a Dad: my daughter is a varsity Graves cheerleader (I graduated from Mayfield and generally comment on the Cardinals).

Best I can tell (again, from the stands) this started last year at Stadium of Champions when the Eagles visited the Colonels. GC cheerleaders had formed a corridor for their boys to run through as they enter the field from the endzone to the right of the visitor's side. The CC guys came across the field early and deliberately ran through the lines of GC cheerleaders and I believe some were knocked down. Well, I think that was not forgotten when this year some students / players from GC waved their flag at the CC team before the game. I also saw a good goal-line stance by the CC boys (did GC score????) and after the end of the game the CC players (more than 2) threw off their helmets and ran straight to the GC team, cheerleaders, and stands while pounding their chests and making things worse.

Are both sides to blame for the skirmishes? Probably. Could it have been handled better? Probably. Will the next meeting of these two teams be ugly? I certainly hope not. It doesn't have to be this way.

I hope you know I'm only calling it the way I see it.

Also, both teams could have played better and it was anybody's game until the very end.