UK#1fanisback

Who do you think wins this game?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think wins this game?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only 2 people picked Beechwood in the NKY week 7 contest.

I guess a lot of people will be wrong...the more i look at this, I just can't see BW losing this game. I think Noel wins the coaching battle and BW at the end of the day has more talent, but less numbers.

I expect SK to win this game by 28+, not a knock on Beechwood, but SK is the 6A powerhouse in Northern Kentucky, Beechwood could make it close but at some point SK will take the game over.

I have great respect for SK and the coach has done a good job and they have some great kids, but what constitutes a 6a powerhouse that Would make SK one? I think of powerhouse as making deep playoff runs and consistently getting to the finals or semi finals of your state classification. For example Beechwood, Mayfield, New Cath, Bowling Green, Highlands, Louisville St X, Trinity and Scott county to name a few, would fit powerhouse level for their classifications based on history.

Now granted SK is a huge school and has many more numbers in the program that would lead most to think they should blow BW out, but I think their close games with Connor (who although was a scrimmage) was not close to BW and then a very average highlands team should have won last week at SK, leads me to believe that this will be a very competitive game that either school could win.

Your going by scores from 5 years ago?

Scores from 5 years ago do have some relevance because both programs have the same coaching staffs and the programs are run the same way that they have been for the last 5-10 years. There are changes on both sides in the last 5 years but those games from 5 years ago are worth considering when trying to guess what happens Friday night at 7:30.

Scores from 5 years ago do have some relevance because both programs have the same coaching staffs and the programs are run the same way that they have been for the last 5-10 years. There are changes on both sides in the last 5 years but those games from 5 years ago are worth considering when trying to guess what happens Friday night at 7:30.

Beechwood will struggle covering 4 and 5 receivers all night.